Outdoor Pizza Oven/Kitchen (1 Viewer)

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone here own or have experience with outdoor pizza ovens? Any recommendations? Definitely looking for one that can be wood burning, though a hybrid would be fine.

I could probably build one for cheaper but the effort, skill, and patience needed is probably beyond my current levels of each.

i'm about to start building my outdoor kitchen, have a blackstone, pellet grill, kamado, and an ooni koda pizza oven. they make several sizes and what fuel they use. I have the 12" fyra which uses pellets. i can cook a homemade pizza in about 60 to 90 seconds. still trying to get my dough recipe down. while i would love to build a wood fire pizza oven i couldn't justify the cost and amount of time it would take. i'm very happy with the ooni koda.

I've built a few and used a few. I curretly have an XL big green egg with pizza porta device which works fine, but it's a PITA. I've toyed with the idea of having the egg modified where it's no longer hinged to open, but lifted up with a hoist of some sort. From there, I may have a fabricator make me an iron center section with a door. Imagine a big steel pipe cut to 2' and used between top and bottom like the center bun on a big mac only with a door.

I think it would be cool, but just another PITA.

Anyway, the best one I've built for a client was ungodly expensive. The second best by only a tiny margin was a 2500 chicago brick.

I've been tempted to buy this one, but I can't justify the money so I'll probably end up with the750.

FYI, the folks who I did the first 500 for took broken pieces of sea glass and used it to tile the outside and it's cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom