Outside of San Antonio Which City Will Be Used as Leverage to Build A New Stadium? (1 Viewer)

It all depends on who takes over the team after Tom Benson, but our stadium situation is a can of worms waiting to be opened.

The wrong owner(s) will want a new billion dollar palace, and there are few options for doing so even if the city/state had the necessary funds.
I don't think that a new stadium will be the reason as to why the Saints will ever move from New Orleans...

It's getting unshared revenue. Owners use the New Stadium ploy as reason to produce major unshared revenue, which will allow them to stay profitable in the NFL. Benson already is getting alot of unshared revenue by having the State as a major tenant in the Benson tower.

This is why you don't hear a peep out of Tommy boy. And his heirs should be aware of that. New Stadiums don't always produce the money that they are looking for.

If New Orleans ever does build a new stadium it will have to remain downtown. Its just stupid to look anywhere else.

I would say Salt Lake City in Utah. 23rd biggest city in the U.S. Favorable average house hold income market. You will probably get support from the whole state like the Jazz do. That market is bigger then several current NFL locations. If I was the jaguars. I would give that market some serious thought

Mexico City would be a great place to play. Elevation would be a problem for visiting teams, but then again, nobody is dying when they play in Denver, the visiting team just bring breathing machines. Besides, elevation isn't a problem for the soccer players who play in DF, are our football players not in as good of shape?

But not a great place to live also free agents especially with families are not going to relocate there.

But not a great place to live also free agents especially with families are not going to relocate there.

DF is great. I am not Mexican, so I am not saying that as a native, but having family that lived there for 4 years, and having visited a few times, DF is a great town. It's not all Man On Fire and drug cartels. There are dangerous parts of the city, but thats the case with any city. It is a very developed city, where you have a stronger middle class than anything you will find in the US. Great place with bad Mexican food.

I would say Salt Lake City in Utah. 23rd biggest city in the U.S. Favorable average house hold income market. You will probably get support from the whole state like the Jazz do. That market is bigger then several current NFL locations. If I was the jaguars. I would give that market some serious thought

There is a lot of wealth in Utah. Hell, if you have ever worked out at French Riviera Spa or The Parks, you have been working out at a Utah owned gym. The folks there are loyal but you also have folks in Elko, NV, Idaho, Wyo., and Grand Junction, Co. who would love to be in on that action.

Now that Los Angeles has two teams and Vegas possibly getting the Raiders, which city will an owner use to hold their current one hostage to build a new stadium?

I really, really REALLY hope you guys get a new stadium.....and this is from a life-long ATL fan. I can only imagine the heartbreak that any TRUE team fan would go thru if the ONLY team they followed their entire life pulled a Baltimore Colts on them.

We will find out in about ten years when both Chargers and Rams leave LA. Especially if they aren't winning.

The LA experiment will fail...again.

If and when they leave, I can see both San Diego and St. Louis at the top of the list.

As much as they want a team in London I just don't see that happening.

And I will be surprised if The Raiders get the 24 votes needed to love to Vegas honestly.

We will find out in about ten years when both Chargers and Rams leave LA. Especially if they aren't winning.

The LA experiment will fail...again.

If and when they leave, I can see both San Diego and St. Louis at the top of the list.

As much as they want a team in London I just don't see that happening.

And I will be surprised if The Raiders get the 24 votes needed to love to Vegas honestly.

There's no way the Rams and Chargers will leave L.A., especially with the new stadium. Personally, I think they'll be just fine.
As for the Raiders, I think they've already counted the 24 votes needed if they went this far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom