Outside of special teams, I'm actually encouraged... (1 Viewer)

Caleb462

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
This defense is looking like a legit unit for the first time in a long time, and they are still missing some big pieces. The past two games I've actually looked forward to seeing what the defense will do with the other team having the ball on 3rd down... how long has it been since that has been the case?

The offense has been sloppier than usual, but there's little reason to worry here over the long-term unless major injuries happen.

Special Teams? Yuck. Yeah it's bad there, really bad. But despite back to back losses this feels like a more complete Saints team than we've seen in over 2 years. Whether it will translate into anything particularly meaningful this season remains to be seen, but I see an upward trajectory.

4-6. Potential erased by boneheaded plays.

The past few years felt like watching a team that just couldn't win. This year feels like a team that could win, but just doesn't want to.

4-6. Potential erased by boneheaded plays.

The past few years felt like watching a team that just couldn't win. This year feels like a team that could win, but just doesn't want to.

Really? The only time I've gotten a 'doesn't care' vibe the whole season was the last few minutes of the game last night. I don't understand not at least trying a hail mary, for instance - crazier things have happened, why throw in the towel like that?

But that's a singular instance, overall these guys seem to play pretty damn hard. I do find Payton's decisions to be surprisingly conservative lately considering his history and reputation though...

Really? The only time I've gotten a 'doesn't care' vibe the whole season was the last few minutes of the game last night. I don't understand not at least trying a hail mary, for instance - crazier things have happened, why throw in the towel like that?

But that's a singular instance, overall these guys seem to play pretty damn hard. I do find Payton's decisions to be surprisingly conservative lately considering his history and reputation though...

Yeah, I'm not seeing a team that "just doesn't want to win" either. I've seen a team that won't quit all year long. And that's while knowing the reason they're not winning is because of special teams **** ups that just aren't even shocking anymore. I'm actually amazed that they've been playing with as much energy as they are.

I really like our chances next year. Defense is looking good. Offense is always good. Special teams is terrible. We are competing in every game and BARELY losing, except the falcons game. We will have our revenge on them soon.

next year is the rally cry every year for the saints since they came into the league, except for one year/

I agree with OP but until Payton addresses this special teams it won't matter.... I still think playing a Thurs night road game on 3 days err.. rest??? was ridiculous ..dangerously going to wear Drew's throwing arm out... That last 2 seconds of the game last night and not even an attempt to throw a hail mary....

I agree with OP but until Payton addresses this special teams it won't matter.... I still think playing a Thurs night road game on 3 days err.. rest??? was ridiculous ..dangerously going to wear Drew's throwing arm out... That last 2 seconds of the game last night and not even an attempt to throw a hail mary....

I don't even think Aaron Rodgers would have been able to complete an endzone hail mary from that distance.

We actually only have 1 true loss and that was vs the falcons. You can easily argue that 5 of our losses were based on something ridiculously stupid in a clutch moment. THEY WERE ALL CLOSE GAMES that game down to 1 play
1. Raiders - stupid unnecessary roughness call, and they go for 2. Lucky
2. NYG - blocked a fg for their only td of the game
3. KC - ingram fumbled, fairley throws a man down
4. Denver - the cheating *** block play
5. Pick 1 moment to take away and we would probably win the game

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom