Outside the Lines (1 Viewer)

jasonl55

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone watch Outside the Lines on Sunday Morning? They did a story on Bentonville High School and how they spent 10 million on a new Football stadium. They started out asking if Wal-Mart was doing too much? They then went on in the story and talked about how Wal-Mart ASSOCIATES and VENDORS donated money. They story would have been a great local news article but didnt' deserve to be on National TV. Now my question is How much is to much when it comes to High School Sports?

Did anyone watch Outside the Lines on Sunday Morning? They did a story on Bentonville High School and how they spent 10 million on a new Football stadium. They started out asking if Wal-Mart was doing too much? They then went on in the story and talked about how Wal-Mart ASSOCIATES and VENDORS donated money. They story would have been a great local news article but didnt' deserve to be on National TV. Now my question is How much is to much when it comes to High School Sports?

When the focus of the school becomes athletics and not education. That simple.

That is not the case with this school. They also just finished building a 5 million dollar arts center for the high school.

i agree with bclemons when high school athletes are treated like pros or for that matter college athletes

or when they have too much of an advantage over other schools - which is what i found in that story is why walmart singled out one school instead of schools of that district (city or state) if thats where the kids of the walmart execs go then thats another issue

Wal Mart has really given either school much, but they do give something to all the schools in the area

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom