Over or Under: Adam Trautman's Stats for 2022 (1 Viewer)

He is an one dimensional undersized red zone pass catcher that was extremely sloppy with his route running and quitting on routes. He simply wasn't that good outside of the redzone. He's a great situational roleplayer for the endzone and that's really it. He's not a polish route runner and he can't block DE or chip that well.

He'll have a role here, but it's more so situational and gadget plays whereas Fish will be more of a integral piece on every down.
If that assessment is true of Juwan, I still think Winston trusts Juwan more, especially in the redzone. If Taysom isn't 100%, I can see Juwan eating into the algae eater's snaps in redzone situations.

If that assessment is true of Juwan, I still think Winston trusts Juwan more, especially in the redzone. If Taysom isn't 100%, I can see Juwan eating into the algae eater's snaps in redzone situations.
I wish Juwan redzone play could translate across the field. He could be special, but being undersized. He got a lot of physical limitations at TE to overcome to be an every down weapon.

Which is shame. Loved his redzone tape. He got great spatial awareness and jump ball ability with clutch hands. I don't understand why it doesn't translate more inbetween the 20s. He'll run bad routes, or get himself out of the play. It's weird.

Over, maybe way over because the saints have so many other targets Trautman won't be as well covered.

Well, I don't think you'll see much of Juwan at TE. Taysom will be postionless. So, Fish wil probably get majority of those pure TE snaps.

If you got to Cover Olave, MT, Landry, and Kamara.... Who's left to cover Fishman? A Slower coverage linebacker and there is only like 6 good ones in the league that can cover consistently. He could get a lot of targets.
I agree with you on the TE role potentially seeing many easy targets due to all the other weapons on the field.
I disagree with you on Juwan and Taysom.. I think those two will take many TE targets from Trautman. Trautman is too much of an unknown, he’s not a lock at TE1 and Juwan/Taysom will be tough competition for reps. Trautman made some huge errors last year and if that doesn’t improve he won’t be TE1.
Training camp today was a little telling of how the TE1 competition is probably closer than most give credit:

The final team drills period for Winston saw him go 3-of-4. He hit Juwan Johnson for a deep gain off the right side. He'd hit Marquez Callaway on a curl route on the next play, have an overthrow to Olave on a deep out, and then find Adam Trautman near the sideline. Zack Baun stripped Trautman near the sideline, however, as the defense recovered the fumble.

Last edited:
under yards at like 550.... say under on receptions at like 58 receptions.... and I have him at 3 TDs.... Nothing I see in him makes him an endzone threat at this moment, unfortunately.

I don't see a lot of YAC from him either.
I see him maybe getting 30 catches. There are 4 maybe 5 people who should see the ball before Trautman. CGM Olave Kamara Landry and Harty. Heck there is no telling how often Taysom will see the ball also

This thread really makes me further concerned with our TE room. It is legit one of the weakest in the league.

The learning curve from Dayton to the NFL was always going to take awhile in getting open, probably in part because getting open for Trautman appeared to be easy in college once he got traction. "As a Senior, he was named the PFL Offensive Player of the Year and first team All-PFL after catching 70 passes for 916 yards and 14 touchdowns. He finished his collegiate career with 171 receptions for 2,295 yards and 31 touchdowns. Trautman played in the 2020 Senior Bowl, catching two passes." The potential is there.

As for 2022 NFL stats, I think the biggest determining factor will be how much Taysom Hill plays as an F Tight End. I would expect Trautman to block way more than Hill and based on Hill's salary I would expect him to be the starter and diminish Trautman's stats even though we may see a big leap in Trautman's grasp of the NFL game as a receiver.

Adam Trautman college highlights

I think Trautman improves, but I think we're looking at similar stats to last season , maybe slightly higher (30 catches for 350 yards or something like that). There are more recieving options available on the Saints than last season, so he will likely see fewer targets even if he plays better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom