Over or Under: Latavius Murray projected season with the Saints (1 Viewer)

I can agree with your stat line (6-700yrds 8tds) I think the third back that emerges takes some of his carries (Washington or Ozigbo).

I'll take the OVER.

Saints will put a lot of games away early, and we'll grind them into oblivion! :ezbill:

:gosaints:

I agree, I would not be surprised to see 900+ yards and I even think a 1,000+ yard season is a distinct possibility. This will mostly be determined by ball security. If he does not fumble early in the season, he will keep getting fed the ball. One fumble at the wrong time and he will ride the pine for a while. Our coach has a track record of sitting running backs who fumble for a few series.

Last edited:
Yardage sounds about right but not buying the over on TD's. I still think Kamara gets the lion's share of redzone touches. Depends on how often we end up in goalline situations.

I think you're right there. With Kamara here, Ingram averaged about 13 rushes per game. I could see a dip in carries so I'll say 11 rushes per game for Murray. Which was what he did in Minnesota over the last two years.

In Minnesota, Murray had about 4.0 yards per attempt. Ingram was higher at about 4.8 yards per attempt with Kamara. With a better line, I think Murray could get closer to that. Maybe 4.5 per attempt.

So 700-800 yards seems in line. 600 would probably mean they ran into some kind of issue along the way. If he can get Ingram type production he'll be closer to 900.
Touchdowns are tough. The Saints are multiple in the red zone which is a good thing. I think Murray can be a good option and hit 7 though. That was in Ingram and Murray's wheelhouse based on their past.

Ultimately I'll go 800 yards, 6 TDs.

At least 600-800 yards rushing with 7 touchdowns.
Agree. The Saints best seasons under Payton have been when they have had a balanced attack, with the running game spread among several backs. This allows less wear and tear on the backs and receivers, which also allows longevity through the season on them and Brees in the passing game. The Saints should have had multiple title games and titles by now if not for flukes and the danged league.

I wouldn't be surprised if Murray got 500 yards or a 1,000. I think many of us are underestimating how good he is. I think Coach Payton will also use Murray a lot more in the passing game than Murray has done in the past. Payton clearly learned that when he has a power back, especially in the I (i) , defenses will stack 8-9 in the box and negate the power runner. We saw that with Adrian Peterson so I don't think SP has any view of retrying that failed experiment. However, if SP can use Kamara and Murray in the same backfield often and Murray can be the back to catch the flair passes and dumps, that is one big, strong, fast and for his size elusive RB to get into the open field. When Murray gets into the open field, he's flat out scary.

I got a feeling that SP is very excited about Murray and that Murray's previous teams did not know how to get the max out of Murray.

I was thinking the same when I read the title: 700 yards and 7 TD would be the over/under.

Over for 600yds on the season
Under on the 7 TD’s for the season

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom