Over or Under: Latavius Murray projected season with the Saints (1 Viewer)

I think this is close. I don't think the receiving yards will be quite that high since you have Kamara.

That's true. Kamara is going to get his. I'm really unsure how Payton will use Murray in the screen game, so I estimated 20 yards a game. May be a little too much, but I could see Payton trying to mix it up and confuse defenses. Brees also loves to dump it off to the RB if he gets in trouble.

Early in the season I expect that Kamara will get the ball more often than not in the 2 back sets. Once teams start to key on him then Murray will get at least 50% of the carries/catches. He should end up with around 750 YDS and 7-8 TD's.

Under. The dude averages 4.1 yds per carry lifetime. The backup rb position will be probably be a rb by committee choice for whoever looks hot. Don't forget to add Washington to the mix as well. He have to get almost 150 carries to exceed 600 yards rushing.

Last edited:
I can't imagine projecting a RB's success without knowing how our OL will perform in both the run and pass. Murray's numbers are highly dependent on both.

Considering Murray has averaged 740 yards and 7 TDs per year in a career played largely in less than ideal conditions, I'd say 600-800 yards and 7 TDs is a safe bet. It really depends on the game flow and how successful the team is as a whole. If we're jumping out to big leads and we pound the rock in the 2nd half, then 800 yards is a probability. If we're locked up in low scoring tight ones, then 700 - 800 yards seems right. If we're in a lot of shootouts then who knows.

Murray is going to get his yards rushing. I have no doubt about that. It will be interesting to see how much he's used in the passing game. He's not known as a great pass catcher but he's capable. He's the embodiment of the jack of all trades back. He doesn't do anything great but he does everything ok. His career catch percentage is 79% (about the same as Ingram for perspective) and he's made the most of his targets. He just hasn't been targeted that much with only two seasons of 40 or more.

Under. The dude averages 4.1 yds per carry lifetime. The backup rb position will be probably be a rb by committee choice for whoever looks hot. Don't forget to add Washington to the mix as well. He have to get almost 150 carries to exceed 600 yards rushing.

I wouldn’t include Washington in the discussion. He only played during mop-up duty and the meaningless 2nd Carolina game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom