Over reaction Sunday (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Why wait until Monday?
I didn't get to see the game because I was working. However my adult rabid Saints fan sons did and they let me know.
The Saints were awful in all fazes of the game. Offense, defense, and special teams.
A top 3 offensive line allowed almost as many sacks as the Failclowns had ALL season. Brees was terrible. Payton didn't have a clue in play calling.
The defense had 4 hands to the face penalties. How often does that happen? The defense let a slow Matt Ryan run and make fools of them.
Special teams of course roughs the punter which gave them a 1st down.

To me the Over Reaction is that the Saints aren't what we have seen all season. Yeah they were flat and yes they lost to a crappy hated rival. The Saints will regain their intensity and start winning next week.

The not an over reaction is that Payton probably lost his bid for coach of the year.

Those are my opinions. Rip or agree.

Yeah I can see this game affecting Payton in much the same way the Dallas game did for Drew's MVP chances last year.

Hard to win Coach of the Year when you laid such a massive egg the likes we haven't seen in an upset by a road team since 1986.

It's not always bad to be humbled every now and then. The team needed it.....along with several on the board. People saying we had 2 bye weeks and what not. Not always a bad thing to get that nasty taste of a loss in your mouth and humble you a bit. It breeds motivation.

We got checked. It was needed. I will be honest... I looked at our games after the bye week and thought we’d have a lot of layups. Stupid.

There are not many layups in this league. ATL showed up. That’s what they did. We got beat.

We are a great team. Don’t confuse that with the loss. But great teams sometimes get handled. What matters is the response after it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom