Over/under offer for Taysom (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I keep hearing they will never let Taysom leave. What if someone offers 12 million and a first or 2nd rounder? I think the over/under for the Saints letting Taysom go is 15 million and a first rounder. Someone is going to gamble on Taysom and make a starting quarterback offer.

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I keep hearing they will never let Taysom leave. What if someone offers 12 million and a first or 2nd rounder? I think the over/under for the Saints letting Taysom go is 15 million and a first rounder. Someone is going to gamble on Taysom and make a starting quarterback offer.
If someone wants to do that, they could grab Khalil Tate and save money and picks.

joejr

USMC OOHRAH!
Reaction score
I know as Saints fans we really love Taysom but don't over rate his value. I don't see anyone giving up a 1st rounder for him & in reality not even a 2nd. He is a great athlete & he plays hard. His hard play has endeared him to us especially with his play in the playoff game. The local media does the same thing. It's human nature.

OP
OP
Reaction score
I know as Saints fans we really love Taysom but don't over rate his value. I don't see anyone giving up a 1st rounder for him & in reality not even a 2nd. He is a great athlete & he plays hard. His hard play has endeared him to us especially with his play in the playoff game. The local media does the same thing. It's human nature
I know as Saints fans we really love Taysom but don't over rate his value. I don't see anyone giving up a 1st rounder for him & in reality not even a 2nd. He is a great athlete & he plays hard. His hard play has endeared him to us especially with his play in the playoff game. The local media does the same thing. It's human nature.
Teams overpay all the tine. I just think he’ll get an offer no one is expecting.

SWAMP_THING

All-Pro
Reaction score
Fellas, with all the debate threads popping up regarding T Hill, we have a classic, old fashioned full on, very familiar and Saints nation dividing controversy at QB..don't be in denial

SWAMP_THING

All-Pro
Reaction score
Plays so hard he's arguably our best playmaker

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
And you're clearly under valuing him if you think we should put a 3rd round tender on him.

joejr

USMC OOHRAH!
Reaction score
And you're clearly under valuing him if you think we should put a 3rd round tender on him.
I didn't state anything about the tender. I agree that he needs a 1st round tender. I don't think a team will give a 1st round pick for him. I don't under value him as he is very important to this team. He is in a very unique situation here though. Think of it this way if he was on another team would you be excited if the Saints gave up a 1st round pick to sign him as a RFA?

dutar76

5th Year Option
Reaction score
Saints will sign Taysom to a 3 year deal paying him like he's a #2 or #3 RB or TE... or like a #3 or #4 WR.
Don't think we'll tender him, simply sign him to a fair contract that pays him for the role he plays on this team.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Fellas, with all the debate threads popping up regarding T Hill, we have a classic, old fashioned full on, very familiar and Saints nation dividing controversy at QB..don't be in denial
Most people understand that Drew is done soon but who's next is the debate. The denial is that we are going to turn the reigns over to a guy who has never started a NFL game as a QB over a guy who actually has had success at the position.

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saints will sign Taysom to a 3 year deal paying him like he's a #2 or #3 RB or TE... or like a #3 or #4 WR.
Don't think we'll tender him, simply sign him to a fair contract that pays him for the role he plays on this team.

Yep. He'll get either a 1st/2nd round one-year tender (4 and 3 million), or we'll sign him to a deal before he fits FA. He'll get something like four years, 20 million, to basically continue the same role he has. He'll almost certainly accept.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score

I think you are spot-on. If not a starting QB, which is still a great unknown and even if he is capable, LC told me that Hill got hurt every year he was a college QB, can he stay healthy an entire season? And there's only a few coaches who can optimize Hill's value as a gadget player.

But I want to keep Hill so my glasses may be rosie colored

ShahulX

Bring the WOOD!!!
Reaction score
i like Taysom in his current role.. is he a full time accurate QB? maybe? I dunno.. would like to see him one more year behind Brees

Reaction score
He is a great athlete and a positive spark for the offense. Is he a starting NFL QB? Nobody knows. I would hate to see him go somewhere else. My guess is that the Saints sign him to a 2-3 year deal before free agency.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom