Overlooked element of the Saints (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Team chemistry. The attitude and selflessness of our team is amazing. You rarely see a dispute between any combination of players, coaches, or management. It seems like every player on our team is pulling for every other player on the team. It doesn't matter that we have a log jam at running back or WR. These guys get their snaps and trust the coaches to have them in when it is the right thing for the TEAM. We rally around each other like there is no tomorrow. These guys are out there fighting for each other day in and day out and it shows. We have seemingly tamed the supposed beast of a distraction in Jeremy Shockey. That dude is loving it in the NO, he is having so much fun out there it is awesome to see. This all may sound like a 'duh' thing to say, but picture us having Marshall or TO or someone who is always rambling to the media or complaining about a contract. All of those things bring negativity to a team. We have chemistry, and we clearly have one goal, a super bowl ring.

This is a testament to the classy players Sean and Loomis have brought in along with having an incredible leader like Drew Brees and finally, an amazing set of fans that the team lives and dies for.

Bring it NY's!

I agree about the team chemistry. But I saw SP chewing some tails on the sidelines like he did in 2006, and thats a good thing, IMO. I think the addition of GW has brought SP back to his fiery ways.

I agree about the team chemistry. But I saw SP chewing some tails on the sidelines like he did in 2006, and thats a good thing, IMO. I think the addition of GW has brought SP back to his fiery ways.

I agree. The thing with the SP chewing out players is that they respect him so therefore listen to him. It is a one way argument. Sean tells a guy what he did wrong. Maybe he yells, ya, but our guys aren't arguing back, they shut up, listen, move on, and get better.

I'd say an overlooked element would be our screen pass ability. With PT down we have not used it much or really been in a situation where we had to rely on it. Look for it against the Jets with PT back in the backfield and Reggie out in the slot.

I think our team is very Humble. You don't see a BIG TO DO after touchdowns, like most teams. Just a simple good job, high five, and then it is back to work. I would say that the most over looked element to this year so far has been our O LINE. What an OUTSTANDING job they are doing!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom