Overlooked the Eagles (1 Viewer)

whodatlady

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
On Pardon My Take podcast Sunday Eric Mangini said that he felt the Saints were looking past the Eagles when Payton came out with the Lombardi and money and that it is why we started slow. I think it was something to get the young guys pumped up and that was it. Does anyone agree with Mangini that we were already looking past the Eagles?

On Pardon My Take podcast Sunday Eric Mangini said that he felt the Saints were looking past the Eagles when Payton came out with the Lombardi and money and that it is why we started slow. I think it was something to get the young guys pumped up and that was it. Does anyone agree with Mangini that we were already looking past the Eagles?

I don’t think so.
I think Drew throwing the interception on the first play caused us to press a little bit. Plus it took the OL a little time to shake off the rust.

Then the better team dominated the next three quarters.

Former New England defensive coordinator and Cleveland head coach. At the beginning of the game, the Eagles played with more energy.

Started slow because we missed a golden opportunity to step on their neck from the FIRST PLAY. ( which would have set the tone)

Confidence in the game is KEY. We struggled that 1st quarter with it. regained it at Half and....well you see what happened.

Mangina is a dope.

I thunk that is a talking point. To whom would we look? We didnt know who we would face until Saturday.

Unless he's breaking down a play Xs and Os style don't listen to that dude. What Payton did with the money was not overlooking, it was motivation. He did the same thing in 09 with the baseball bats. Maybe if Mangini knew how to motivate players a little more he would still have a coaching job.

No i dont think we were looking pass them at all. Everyone knew it would be different the 2nd time aroud. Most of our starters hadnt played in 2 weeks. I just think it was a combo of rust and having a slow start.

I really don't think so. And if you read the story about that...Payton talked about winning 3 more games to get that cash & Lombardi.

Mangini obviously didn’t watch the Saints this year at all. We started slow in most games, it wasn’t surprising (worrisome but not surprising). It had nothing to do with possibly looking past the Eagles. That’s assinine.

Anyone who thinks we overlooked the Eagles doesn't know Sean Payton. No way in Hades was he looking past them. Drew throws that first pass a foot higher, and it's a different game.

How would what he did be looking past the Eagles? Mangina's acting like we wouldn't have had to beat the Eagles to even have a chance to win the super bowl. I don't think anyone on the Saints team doesn't know how the playoffs work. He's a has been who never really was and is barely even a legitimate voice in the world of sports talking heads.

No, it was just a rough start probably due to rust. Drew underthorws, PJ looses a ball in coverage, Drew fumbles an exchange, Armstead allows probably his only pressure for a fumble. After that we dominated the game.

Hell no! This deep in the Playoffs, everyone is a very good team. I don't think we overlooked them. I know I didn't.

Mangini needs to go eat some linguini.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom