Overrated SEC (1 Viewer)

The ACC is terrible. Owning them is nothing to brag about. They are about as good as the MAC this year, and far worse than any other BCS conference.

True. But I was just pointing out that the mid-level teams from the SEC have gone on and beaten top teams from the Pac 10 and ACC - I don;t think any other conference has done that this year.
The difference is that the best team from the Pac 10 went out of conference on the road and drilled a top notch team from the SEC while Ohio State wen on the road and drilled a top team from the Big 12. The SEC has not done that this year.

3 Big East teams in the top 15? Is that good?

good point, but the SEC has 3 in the top 10 plus Auburn at 11 and Tennessee at 17. There was a reason a lot of people picked WV to play for the NC, it is because the Big Least is so weak, plus you are kidding yourself if you believe that Rutgers is a legit contender.

It's hard to mention sec vs. BE matchups because
the sec Ad's won't schedule us. Auburn and UGA have
the balls to play UL and WVU finally. Not til like 2009, 2010
but they're stepping up. Maybe the others will do the same.
The top sec teams love those soft ooc schedules.
The low tier sec teams seem to be the only ones who have nuts
in their ooc scheduling. It is what it is.
UL and wvu are a potential loss for anyone. Schedule us.
I'll give UK and Miss St. credit, they played us.
Now you can scream till the cows come home that the top sec teams
would own the BE. I have one answer for that. Prove it on the field.
Tell your AD's to grow a pair. Are they afraid to lose and don't want to tarnish
their reputation to a BE team? That's what it's lookin like.
I'd take UofL vs. UF and WVU vs. Ark in a bowl matchup right now.
buuuuuuut, the sec will probably play a weak ND and a Wake forest acc champ.
The good ole boys will make it so.

Rutgers is a legit contender.

no, not yet. If Greg Schiano stays, they'll be a tough out unlike past years.
Rutgers has been down so long they need to keep it steady for awhile.
Respect is earned over time and big wins.

It's hard to mention sec vs. BE matchups because
the sec Ad's won't schedule us. Auburn and UGA have
the balls to play UL and WVU finally. Not til like 2009, 2010
but they're stepping up. Maybe the others will do the same.
The top sec teams love those soft ooc schedules.
The low tier sec teams seem to be the only ones who have nuts
in their ooc scheduling. It is what it is.
UL and wvu are a potential loss for anyone. Schedule us.
I'll give UK and Miss St. credit, they played us.
Now you can scream till the cows come home that the top sec teams
would own the BE. I have one answer for that. Prove it on the field.
Tell your AD's to grow a pair. Are they afraid to lose and don't want to tarnish
their reputation to a BE team? That's what it's lookin like.
I'd take UofL vs. UF and WVU vs. Ark in a bowl matchup right now.
buuuuuuut, the sec will probably play a weak ND and a Wake forest acc champ.
The good ole boys will make it so.

I will be sure to call the AD's and let them know that some guy on SR.com wants them to schedule some Big Least teams for OOC games.
One of the reasons they play these cupcake ooc games is because the conference games are so tough. You have teams like South Florida (oops, you guys just lost to them) in your conference. The good teams in the SEC far outweigh the bad teams in the SEC. And i do believe the SEC does have some pretty bad teams.

They lost 50-14. McFadden is not 36 points good. Plus, didn't all the SEC homers say that Arky's backup RB was awesome too and would shred USC? Heh.

The QB that game, Robert Johnson became a WR after that game.

It was 16-7 at the half I believe. Arkansas had 5 turnovers which USC converted into 31 points....

Gig 'em Aggies!

I miss the old SWC days sometimes.....

I will be sure to call the AD's and let them know that some guy on SR.com wants them to schedule some Big Least teams for OOC games.

It will be the same answer. They won't want to jeopardize their title hopes by playing a potential team they could lose too. The lower sec teams can afford to play them because they're the step children of the conference that the top tier teams beat up every single year.

In a nutshell, the BE will earn its respect down the road. I can't expect expansion raids to be fixed overnight. I know one thing, the BE is better than the ACC. (fact) Not bad since everyone had us dead in the water 2 years ago.
It's obvious you have little respect for the BE. Or as you call it the Big Least.
Either way it's rated the 3rd best bcs conference.

To give you a general idea on how the league is perceived:

WVU vs. UL had lots of offense in their match up but the defenses were
ridiculed for giving up so many points.

Then the Ohio St. vs. Mich game is played. Again, lots of points but nothing
is mentioned about their defenses. The spin was 2 great offenses going head to head. In the end, the old guard doesn't want their party crashed.
Call it how ever ya want but it is what it is.

On that note, I hope the BSU broncos make a big boy cry in the Fiesta.
Hopefully ND, the most overrated team on the planet. Yet another team
who dodges the best teams in the BE to play Pitt or Cuse.
I want their BE affiliation removed. What have they done lately to deserve special treatment? Nothing. Not a dammmmm thing. They played 2 good teams and got their butts handed too em twice. But hey, they deserve a bcs bid for being ND. The whole system is about money. It's kinda sad because it's ruining college football.

I want a playoff but I'll be dead before that happens. Maybe by 2075 they figure it out.

Last edited:
They lost 50-14. McFadden is not 36 points good. Plus, didn't all the SEC homers say that Arky's backup RB was awesome too and would shred USC? Heh.

McFadden is one of the top players in the country, he lines up all over the place for them on offense (RB, WR, QB). He's key to their offense because of all the gadjet plays they run. He wouldn't have made THAT much of a difference, but it took them about half the season to figure out who to start at QB, and their QB situation at the time was much uglier than it is now.

They were actually in the game until the 4th when USC capitalized off a few turnovers for some quick scores.

They were down 30-7 at the start of the fourth quarter. How is that "in the game"?

Lets get real.
I think Arkansas is a very good team. Tehy put a whippin on the Vols and I haven't seen the Vols that confused on defense in a very long time. But Arkansas got their but whipped in all aspects of the game against USC. USC was faster, stronger, better coached, blocked better, tackled better, and on and on . . .
A gimpy McFadden wasn;t the reason Arkansas lost. They lost cause USC is a better team.
I mean would an LSU fan, or anyone for that matter, take someone seriously who said that Tulane would have beaten LSU if Tulane hadn;t turned the ball over or if their best palyer wasn;t gimpy? Hell no - LSU is as better than Tulane as USC is better than Arkansas and the scores prove it.

What conference has 5 premiere teams?

Pac 10 - USC (1)

Big 10 - Ohio St., Michigan, Wisconsin (3)

Big East - West Virginia, Louisville (2)

Big 12 - Texas, Oklahoma (2)

ACC - Virginia Tech, Miami (2)

SEC - LSU, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, (5)

The SEC is the only conference where every year all 5 teams have a legit chance of winning the SEC title. In the other conferences it's the same teams year end and year out. Alabama had a good year last year and this year it has been Arkansas. You never truly know with the SEC because it's just that GOOD.

LSU had the hardest road schedule of any team in the top 10. LSU played 3 premiere teams on the road and a tough Arkansas team. What other top 10 team has done that, none, not even Ohio St. or USC. SEC teams don't need to schedule tough OOC games because playing in the SEC is hard enough. They need a break when they go out of conference.

Also, any one that knows anything about college football know that it's extremely hard to be charged up every week. When you play tough schedules you often come out flat against weaker teams. Especially when you have another tough opponent coming up. Also, injuries take their toll on you when you play a tough schedule.

We already know who will be the conference winners in the other conferences for 2007. That's how predictable they are. There will probably be 2 different teams playing for the SEC title game next year. That's what makes the SEC so exciting and unpredictable, great teams.

Don't Hate

:trolls:

Well, USC got beaten by Oreg. St, who was beaten by Boise St. So I guess BSU should be playing Ohio St. in the championship.

One problem that everyone seems to run into is that you can't equate one game to another game. LSU turned the ball over 5 times and lost to Fla 23-10. LSU beat Ark 31-26. So that means that Fla will beat Ark by 18 pts, right. Wrong.

If Ark and USC played this weekend, it wouldn't be the beatdown that took place earlier in the season, although I think USC would win again. Ark. is one of those teams that really started play much better as the season progressed.

Back to the question. Is the SEC overrated? I think that will be determined when it's all said and done. The SEC will play some of the better schools from the various conferences and how they do will show whether they were as good as some think they were as a whole.

Personally, the SEC is a very tough conference. But, so are most big conferences. I think what the SEC lacks this year is that truly GREAT team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom