Overtime Winner Stats and Monday Night Football Winner stats for past two years (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
During the 2010 Season so far there have been 17 overtime games

the Ravens just finished the 17th of the season
of the other 16 games the winner lost their next game 9(56% of the time they lost their next game) times and won 7(44 % of the time they won their next game.

during the regular season last year there were 13 overtime games

of those 13 the winner lost their next game 7 times(54% of the time they lost their next game) times and won 6(46% of the time they won their next game).

Over a 2 year span the overtime winner won their next game 55% of the time
they lost it 45% of the time.

Over a the 2 year span the Monday Night football winner has won their next game 52% of the time
and lost their next game 48% of the time

Over the past two seasons(besides the Ravens game last night) when the visiting team won on Monday Night football they lost their next game 60% of the time.

This game reminds me of last year when the Packers and Cardinals beat the crap out of each other in round 1, then we had our way with the Cards the next round. If we play OUR game, we will cruise, if not, we will lose.

Nice job, those stats are interesting.

Interesting stats. I wouldn't have guessed those numbers. I would have thought it was harder to win the next game after an OT win.

Monday night winner % doesn't surprise me. I bet if you compare the winning percentage after a win, it's higher if it's NOT a Monday night game? Anyone want to check it out?

During the 2010 Season so far there have been 17 overtime games

the Ravens just finished the 17th of the season
of the other 16 games the winner lost their next game 9(56% of the time they lost their next game) times and won 7(44 % of the time they won their next game.

during the regular season last year there were 13 overtime games

of those 13 the winner lost their next game 7 times(54% of the time they lost their next game) times and won 6(46% of the time they won their next game).

Over a 2 year span the overtime winner won their next game 55% of the time
they lost it 45% of the time.

Over a the 2 year span the Monday Night football winner has won their next game 52% of the time
and lost their next game 48% of the time

Over the past two seasons(besides the Ravens game last night) when the visiting team won on Monday Night football they lost their next game 60% of the time.

Nothing like a post with stats! :9:

Total it all up and it is still about as reliable in determining a winner as a coin flip.

We just have to play a great game in Baltimore to win.
We should do just that!
:D

Of those wins the following week, how many were against winning teams?? Point is, the game after a OT Monday nighter may be followed by a game against really poor teams..

The stats give you a very large sampling but if we got into something more specific, I would want to know the record of teams who played a winning team after an OT Monday night game.

I thought the results were a little odd
i wouldn't have thought it'd be so close to 50/50

It probably has something to do with this one:

- Since the merger, in games not ending in a tie, teams have won 50% of their games.

link: www.meaninglessfootballstatistics.com/merger/matchups/causeimbored/nfl.html

Anyone have the stat on teams on the road on Monday night playing at home against teams who had a Sunday home game the week before?

It would help if we could also narrow that stat to teams who play in Maryland and Louisiana and games that happened in 2010.

/toomuchsarcasm? :hihi:

Based on a standard deviation I believe that your statistics show that it is not statistically significant whether a team won the previous OT/MNF game in correlation to the outcome of their next game.

Bummer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom