Owning/running a pizza shop (1 Viewer)

I like the fact that you're not limited in your imagination for investments. I don't think I'm limited either, but a pizza place is more simple than a full restaurant type.

I don't want to exploit "cajun" like some places do. They throw the name on anything (cajun fries, cajun catfish, etc) and it is horrible. But, cajun does have a niche just about anywhere and will be accepted if done right. Having the Hornets there last year may be able to help you with that. People may have caught that cajun fever.

Our menu will be limited too. Pizzas, po boys and a few dishes like ettouffe (never done in the restaurant world), gumbo (a weak spot right now), fried catfish and greens. That type of stuff. Nothing too fancy. Pizza and southern dishes are a bit of a polarizing menu, but I really think that the changes in the hood are ripe for this.

I am worried about taking an existing full menu and basically throwing it away for something completely different and limited. I'll do quite a few pastas, but not in the same context as before. I hope the regulars aren't too turned off by that.

For both our sakes, I hope to be able to provide you with that pie when you do hit the hood.:9:

Last edited:
I went to a New Orleans restaurant in Brooklyn the other day named "Stan's" I humored myself and bought a $14 "shrimp po-boy." It was equivalent to public school cafeteria popcorn shrimp on a pistolette roll.

What's a guy got to do to find some Alois J. Binder french bread around here!

I went to a New Orleans restaurant in Brooklyn the other day named "Stan's" I humored myself and bought a $14 "shrimp po-boy." It was equivalent to public school cafeteria popcorn shrimp on a pistolette roll.

What's a guy got to do to find some Alois J. Binder french bread around here!

$14??????????? I was thinking of charging about $7-8, but of course that is to be determined by the price of the shrimp. I still haven't tackled the bread thing yet. I wonder if it would be worth it to have them shipped up or to just find a bakery around here to recreate it. I know french bread is practically worthless the next day as far as sammiches go, but I found a few recipes online that I hope will work.

Have you been to a place in Forest Hills that claims it's cajun roots? I think it's called Bourbon Street or Mardi Gras or something related to NOLA. Very ouch!:covermyeyes:

I haven't been. The only New Orleans style restaurant in NY I can give a passing grade is NoNo Kitchen in Park Slope. The price of the crawfish etoufee was outrageous at $25, but it was pretty authentic.

NoNo stands for North of New Orleans, clever, right?

I haven't been. The only New Orleans style restaurant in NY I can give a passing grade is NoNo Kitchen in Park Slope. The price of the crawfish etoufee was outrageous at $25, but it was pretty authentic.

NoNo stands for North of New Orleans, clever, right?

Sort of, :ezbill:

.....and I was thinking $10 for shrimp etouffee with the idea of getting Louisiana crawfish WHEN the shrimp takes off.:scratch:

My hood won't go for those prices especially since place is setup like a pizza place. If it looked more like a restaurant, then I'd entertain a snooty price.

BTW, DON'T bother with the one in Forest Hills (Main St IIRC)

Dang!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is going smoothly, but my investor option are bombing out big time. They all like the idea and where we are positioned, but my sister is being greedy (which I expected) and my friend who owns a bar around the corner is going through some issues of his own.

Anyone know of any good sites or anything to find investors? We only need initial operating costs. The down payment is a done deal.

Do a private placement of securities! Everybody is doing it!

$14??????????? I was thinking of charging about $7-8, but of course that is to be determined by the price of the shrimp. I still haven't tackled the bread thing yet. I wonder if it would be worth it to have them shipped up or to just find a bakery around here to recreate it. I know french bread is practically worthless the next day as far as sammiches go, but I found a few recipes online that I hope will work.

Have you been to a place in Forest Hills that claims it's cajun roots? I think it's called Bourbon Street or Mardi Gras or something related to NOLA. Very ouch!:covermyeyes:

6 or 12 inch?

not a bad price when you pay approx the same here in NO.

Get dem folks up dere to mix up the horseradish and ketchup and dip thier fried scrimp in it! ! ! !

good luck with the restaurant

I don't think he was serious..don't think you'll be able to generate much interest with institutional accounts...

Thanks daj.:rant:

6 or 12 inch?

not a bad price when you pay approx the same here in NO.

Get dem folks up dere to mix up the horseradish and ketchup and dip thier fried scrimp in it! ! ! !

good luck with the restaurant

12 inch. I will turn these yankees into southern grub eatin fools yet.

hahaha, yeah, I was kidding. I work in securities regulation and see these private placement frauds all the time. You have a couple of guys that start a new "company" and pitch it to investors in order to raise capital. In return investors get a stock certificate that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Shortly thereafter the company folds and the guys who started the company walk away with money.

Or other times, the guys that started the company will pay out returns to the original investors with the money from the second group of investors that come on board, then the 2nd group of investors gets paid from the money obtain from the 3rd group of investors that get on board and so on, aka a ponzi scheme.

If done right, the ponzi scheme can go on for sometime, but they all eventually end up blowing up.

you definately don't have a Brooklyn's Pizzeria by your house.....

Chilly Willys is better i think...Brooklyn is better than the chain stores though no doubt... i just dont like cracker crust on my pizza.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom