Owning/running a pizza shop (1 Viewer)

Makes this:

MENUkajunov.jpg

There's too many of y'all to quote from specifically, but dat's some funny stuff.

I have done restaurant work before, from busing tables, to washing dishes, to taking orders, to short order (my own food), to a smidge of management. The management was more of an informal internship. Dominoes, Long John Silvers, and a typical diner type.

That's Ray's comment is funny, I gotta say. :9: I'm still chucklin. What's even more at odds is that the equipment is included. 1,000 sq ft and a basement. I have done some looking into restaurants a lot lately and they all seem to be going for the same price roughly 9depending on the extent of the place of course).

Something I didn't include is that my sis owns a pizza jernt in Florida. She has told me that is rough. i just haven't been able to get a hold of her today.

I'd rather be pooped out from my own biz instead of being stressed out making someone else rich. BTW, my gf will be in this too, so the "being away from family" isn't a problem. Is it possible to get tired of seeing each other 24/7? Sure, but something has got to be done.

Calzone Cal's Calzone Zone, huh? :covri:

Gold!:9:

Unfortunately, not a soul around here would know how to pronounce it. I mean afterall, they pronounce Houston Ave as :Howston". Sometimes, it's best not to ask.

Yeah, they all talk funny up there. And worse than saying "Howston" street, if you buy a pizza place, you are going to have to learn to say, "You want moots on dat?"

I'm always get scolded for saying this, but I rather Papa John's or Dominos over any New York Pizzeria Pizza. Overrated so hard.

Yes you will. Dominos isn't even in the same league as Papa John's. Dominos is teh suck. And NY Pizza >> Papa John's.

geauxboy - I like the idea of po-boys, but I think you will have bread issues.

Yes you will. Dominos isn't even in the same league as Papa John's. Dominos is teh suck. And NY Pizza >> Papa John's.

geauxboy - I like the idea of po-boys, but I think you will have bread issues.

Domino(e)s is good. Papa John's is good, but only worth it when you can get the loan officer to rush your loan application. Otherwise, I just don't have the liquid assets to eat there.

Any pizza > NY pizza. Thin, hard, chewy, burnt crust with too much sauce and not enough toppings? No thanks.

I already foresee an issue with the breads. That will be down the line a bit. I just gotta keep people coming in. If they hear that we're making hoagies/grinders/subs/whatever with seafood, they'll flip out and hit the door running, I'm sure. Everytime I tell someone about po boys, their eyes light up almost in fear that we use seafood, not to mention that we call them po boys in the first place.

CT, you're right about the building. Not buying the building. That would be a good mill and a half just to look at it.

The thing about NYC pizza is that hardly anyone uses fresh "real" ingredients anymore. Frankly, I never eat midtown pizza cause it's made from bunk quality. There are a few places that use good fresh quality ingredients and they are packed. I already have some contacts in the farming community and I have a GREAT contact for fresh homemade mozz cheese.

There are MANY things to consider and I know that. Don't take my happy go lucky, positive vibe, simple minded posts as me thinking it'll be a piece of cake.....err........pie.

Turbo Dog and pizza may not be the best fit, but I'm sure Amber and Jockamo would go nice. I think I will have to R&D that tonight pop:9:. I would LOVE to have a "cajun" flare to the place, but I will have to introduce that slowly to these people. It's hard enough to find customers that speak English, let alone know a thing about NOLA.

Last edited:
I'm always get scolded for saying this, but I rather Papa John's or Dominos over any New York Pizzeria Pizza. Overrated so hard.

"New York style? They think that's a selling point?" -Hank Hill

I already foresee an issue with the breads. That will be down the line a bit. I just gotta keep people coming in. If they hear that we're making hoagies/grinders/subs/whatever with seafood, they'll flip out and hit the door running, I'm sure. Everytime I tell someone about po boys, their eyes light up almost in fear that we use seafood, not to mention that we call them po boys in the first place.

CT, you're right about the building. Not buying the building. That would be a good mill and a half just to look at it.

The thing about NYC pizza is that hardly anyone uses fresh "real" ingredients anymore. Frankly, I never eat midtown pizza cause it's made from bunk quality. There are a few places that use good fresh quality ingredients and they are packed. I already have some contacts in the farming community and I have a GREAT contact for fresh homemade mozz cheese.

There are MANY things to consider and I know that. Don't take my happy go lucky, positive vibe, simple minded posts as me thinking it'll be a piece of cake.....err........pie.

Turbo Dog and pizza may not be the best fit, but I'm sure Amber and Jockamo would go nice. I think I will have to R&D that tonight pop:9:. I would LOVE to have a "cajun" flare to the place, but I will have to introduce that slowly to these people. It's hard enough to find customers that speak English, let alone know a thing about NOLA.

you used the word "bunk", therefore will be successful.

Stick to fresh ingredients, load it up and serve it hot. I spent 3 years at Godfathers Pizza in Algiers and actually did come up late one night with my own concoction....The Big Mac Pizza...which was just Beef, Cheddar, small amount of red sauce and liberal Thousand Island topped w/ Tomato, lettuce and Pickle. But we LOADED the pizzas.Yeah they had charts for how many pepperoni on a large we never used it. Maybe why they are no longer in biz!!! oops

I worked in the pizza business for about two years in college and I ended up getting to be great friends with my GM (it was a chain, FWIW). He grew up in N.O. and after coming into some money in his late 20s, he decided to open his own place after working for one of the big chains for years. He told me it was the hardest thing he's ever done in his life, by far. I remember him telling me about his "baked potato" pizza, which was his best seller. He said it was brilliant because all you needed was the potato and the customer would put their own butter on...it was incredibly cheap to make. He said after a few years he just couldn't do it anymore, though. The amount of time he was spending away from his family and constantly dealing with the employees and being at the store almost 24/7 just took its toll. By the way, I've always had an idea for the name of an Italian/Pizza restaurant: Calzone Cal's Calzone Zone (tm).

What pizza chain did your friend work for in N.O?? just curious

I used to be a thick crust kinda guy until I got acclimated to this thin crust they have around here. When it's done right, it's da bomb. Not too overcooked (I can't stand anything burned/burnt), not too undercooked. When it's a good sauce, then I like it saucy.

The unfortunate scenario I see in these parts is that it's kind of a standard for some to measure the "goodness" and "authenticity" of a slice by how much grease runs down your arm and how far it runs down. The sad part of that IMO, is that it's grease fillers from the cheese. Nasty! I just get cheese slices, so it isn't pepperoni or another meat grease, it's bunk cheese. THAT is SAD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom