owning up (1 Viewer)

jtalton

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
so i was VERY annoyed that we drafted a WR last draft and felt that it was one of the dumbest moves we made all year. Thomas has made me shut the hell up. Who else was screaming when we drafted him, i cant be alone.

I more upset we traded up for Bell. I would have to see who went after Thomas as i don't ever recall him being dominant at OSU.

What's crazy is, only a few seasons ago we were all freaking out because we had no real receiving threats outside of Graham. It was a big part of why we were always forcing it to graham even when he was double and even triple covered.

Now, we have 3 super talented WRs and Fleener is coming along pretty nicely.

At the end of this season, regardless of our record, if healthy, our WR corp will be well known throughout the league.

I loved the pick. I love it even more, now.

This. WR was a huge need if we hadn't drafted Thomas. Everything about his physical attributes and the mentorship of Keyshawn Johnson indicated that the Thomas pick was a great one, and he has even surpassed those high expectations.

so i was VERY annoyed that we drafted a WR last draft and felt that it was one of the dumbest moves we made all year. Thomas has made me shut the hell up. Who else was screaming when we drafted him, i cant be alone.

I was screaming as well......................jumping up and down and pumping my fist while doing a happy dance!!............:ezbill:

I more upset we traded up for Bell. I would have to see who went after Thomas as i don't ever recall him being dominant at OSU.

I'm guilty.

I really wanted Deion Jones. Badly.

Thomas is a good player. So I'll eat my crow. But so is Deion Jones. He's been lighting up for the ... cough, vomit... Clowns.... God it hurts to say that.

I'm with you. I wanted OL and pass rushers in the first 4 rounds.

Did MT change my mind? If we had drafted a lineman as good at his job as MT is at his, actually, I don't know.

Thing is, we don't get a re-do, so I'm delighted with MT. We won't have to draft a WR next year, so maybe we'll get that pass rusher or road grader guard.

I'm with you. I wanted OL and pass rushers in the first 4 rounds.

Did MT change my mind? If we had drafted a lineman as good at his job as MT is at his, actually, I don't know.

Thing is, we don't get a re-do, so I'm delighted with MT. We won't have to draft a WR next year, so maybe we'll get that pass rusher or road grader guard.

I don't think we have much chance at a pass rusher. Myles Garrett is the only sure thing this year.

1) Tim Williams has off the field and attitude issues.
2) Derek Barnett is slow off the snap, more a 3/4 type DE.
3) Jonathan Allen is another 3/4, or even 3-tech tackle
4) Charles Harris is too light in the seat, pushed around too easy
5) the rest of them all have other issues - length, speed, power, etc.

Myles Garrett is the only sure thing at weak side pass rusher. So if he slides to #4 or #6, then you trade up and get him.

But regarding guards, Peat will likely stay at LG, so we'll need a RG for Jahri.

I've been watching a lot of tape - days of it - and none of them stand out as a surefire dominant force.

Being upset at Saints' high draft picks is part of the draft day experience. Shawn Knight, Russell Erxleben, Alvin Toles, Vaughn Dunbar, should I go on? Thomas wasn't on my outrage radar. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom