Oww. Thousands of men go the ER ever year with zipper injuries (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought it was just me. But according to a study published this month in the British Journal of Urology International by a University of California San Francisco urology resident named Herman Singh Bagga, an estimated 17,616 people wound up in U.S. emergency rooms between 2002 and 2012 because they caught their genitals, almost always penises, in zippers.

If you’re giggling right now, you’ve never done it.

And you’ve probably done it. Zipper injuries are the single most common cause of penile injury in adult men reporting to emergency rooms, Bagga explained in an interview, followed by bicycles. (In small boys, the most common cause of penile injury is a toilet seat slamming down when the child is urinating – “you’d be surprised how many little boys rest their penises on the rim,” Bagga said -- followed by zippers.)

OK, so it’s a little funny in a Three Stooges kind of way, but a careless zip of the pants can be serious. While permanent damage is rare, Bagga said, zipper entrapment has led to surgical intervention such as undesired circumcision. A more common consequence is infection.

Lots of bacteria can be found in that area, and if the skin breaks, “it’s important once you get it out from the zipper that it’s washed well, and you use a little antibiotic ointment. Keep an eye on it. That’s another reason to solicit medical attention.” In his study, which used data from the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System, Bagga and his co-authors found 11 cases of penile cellulitis (a bacterial skin infection) or abscesses.

Mainly, he said, “this is a pain issue. It can completely ruin your night.”

Zippers send thousands of men to ER each year - Health - Men's health | NBC News

Cue the Something About Mary quotes.

how the **** do you get the beans above the frank?

something-about-mary1.jpg

I beat my nads against the bar on my bmx once as a kid. that was all it took.

-edit a Schwinn predator represent'

in the house i wear the new indoor pajama pants and when it heats up outside..i have bermuda shorts on..i don't wear those levi jorts..etc. only time i wear any type of zipper is if im going to a wedding or a funeral and i need docker pants on. the zipper sneakers are low rated too..i have a pair of velcro strapped sneakers,,no knots to tie up. i dont like ties either..and most women don't like a guy in ties..they like open collar so they can see more of your neck muscle.

actually,the more i think about it..i don't like clothes and shoes period.

i am high claim for nudists newsletters..im not a perfert..i love just one woman..but i like freedom. whether it be in my own home or out in a deep forest .

i dont like zippers,never have and never will.

it's the people fault that they use zippers..they are too lazy to buy the button downs.

go too scotland and or ireland..men wear skirts.. i would wear a skirt if i had one. actually,i think skirts are comfortable.

I avoid this problem by having an unusually small penis.

Interesting! How have the ladies reacted?

I can understand maybe cutting the sack with the zipper through a pinch when you're zipping, but you'll stop there. Who zips past the point of no return? Or who zips up their pants so quick to do this when you know damn well you're free balling?

I avoid this problem by having an unusually small penis.

That has not prevented it from happening to me a handful of times. While I've never been to the ER because of it, I think it's the most painful injury I've ever sustained with one exception.

One time in college, I sat down on a picnic table and, yeah, you guessed it, a 1/2 long splinter right in the old sack o' potatoes. Lemme tell you something, there is nothing more unnerving than trying to extract a cedar splinter from the bottom of one's own tea bag.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom