Oysters: I have decided (1 Viewer)

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Rockefeller is a waste of oysters.

I proclaim that crisped guanciale, bacon, tasso or any other seasoned pig product rendered and then combined with assorted mushrooms, garlic, shallots and butter and then mounted in place of rockefeller mix is superior.

Topped with a leftover alfredo sauce is even better, but that may be beer related.

Still, pig/mushroom oysters are far superior to rockefeller.

Funeral I went to last week was catered by Drago's, Acme, and just about every major oyster/seafood restaurant in the state of Louisiana (due to the nature of the business he performed, and the connections he made). It was bittersweet.

RIP Mike Voisin.

Funeral I went to last week was catered by Drago's, Acme, and just about every major oyster/seafood restaurant in the state of Louisiana (due to the nature of the business he performed, and the connections he made). It was bittersweet.

RIP Mike Voisin.

With all due respect to the deceased, that sounds like a perfect celebration of life.

Only thing I forgot to add was... ersters...

Anything other than raw is a waste of oysters!!

This could be argued all day long, but nothing beats raw on the half shell with a splash of Texas Pete, followed by a saltine. But then again, I still change my oil ever 3,000 miles. (Traditionalist)

perhaps it could be argued all day but I don't think with equal parties. This would rule out the charbroiled as well as the Oyster Poboy. unacceptable for me and I am pretty traditional for a lot of foods.

Love raw and grilled. Busters in Covington on Thursdays is half off..they're really good and I think Chimes does half off on Tuesday. My family can put down a ton lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom