Ozark season 3 this Friday 3/27/2020 (1 Viewer)

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Spoiler
I think the brother is still alive. They didn't show him getting killed and the body was wrapped up.
The only way this works is if Wendy convinced "hardcore assassin dude" to not do his job, which I think is very unlikely.

BIG E

SR is my life!
Reaction score
The only way this works is if Wendy convinced "hardcore assassin dude" to not do his job, which I think is very unlikely.
Actually no. Wendy would know nothing about it. "Hardcore assassin dude" takes orders directly from the drug lord not the lawyer as the last scene clearly showed.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Actually no. Wendy would know nothing about it. "Hardcore assassin dude" takes orders directly from the drug lord not the lawyer as the last scene clearly showed.
So what would be "the drug lord's" motivation for this?

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Good call, thinking about it, I thought he was the best character of season 3, sure would be a nice twist if he was still alive....

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Spoiler
I think the brother is still alive. They didn't show him getting killed and the body was wrapped up.
That would be SUCH bad writing
Navarro does not need him to threaten Wendy bc kids
And he’s a complete wildcard for Navarro - the reason he’s dead is bc that’s what Navarro ‘demanded’
Plus Nelson gave Marty the corpse - he’s just going to hope Marty doesn’t open the bag?

The reason we don’t see the actual death is that the show doesn’t really do violence
Shop keeper in 1st scene, the baptism, the hit in the money - that’s about it
And even then most of that is off camera
They were saving the onscreen violence for Helen and even that violence is told mostly in the splatter n Marty and Wendy mirroring the splatter on the baptism gowns in the 1st scene

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ben's dead. They've shown us time and time again... they don't mess around.

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
and all three of them covered in blood sold that Hug so well. "we're in this together my "friends""

Last edited:

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That would be SUCH bad writing
Navarro does not need him to threaten Wendy bc kids
And he’s a complete wildcard for Navarro - the reason he’s dead is bc that’s what Navarro ‘demanded’
Plus Nelson gave Marty the corpse - he’s just going to hope Marty doesn’t open the bag?

The reason we don’t see the actual death is that the show doesn’t really do violence
Shop keeper in 1st scene, the baptism, the hit in the money - that’s about it
And even then most of that is off camera
They were saving the onscreen violence for Helen and even that violence is told mostly in the splatter n Marty and Wendy mirroring the splatter on the baptism gowns in the 1st scene
I have heard more than one person say this show doesn't do much violence, between here and on social media. Am I watching the same show?

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have heard more than one person say this show doesn't do much violence, between here and on social media. Am I watching the same show?
from what i remember
shop clerk in first scene gets neck cut and there is splatter
2 money counters get tied up and the people grabbing the money get blown up but all that is offscreen

ruth knees mafia idiot in the gambinos and tosses him over the rail

Darlene punches Wendy

rival cartel dumps bodies outside navarro's (no onscreen violence)

Marty gets slapped (i think)

rival cartel hits money swap - most of that is drone shots and Ruth reaction shots

viewers wince when wyatt and darlene reenact Harold & Maude

Ruth gets stomped

Wendy punches Ben for being a ****up

Helen gets shot

what am i missing?
Helen and Ruth are the only major characters that have significant violence visited on them

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
from what i remember
shop clerk in first scene gets neck cut and there is splatter
2 money counters get tied up and the people grabbing the money get blown up but all that is offscreen

ruth knees mafia idiot in the gambinos and tosses him over the rail

Darlene punches Wendy

rival cartel dumps bodies outside navarro's (no onscreen violence)

Marty gets slapped (i think)

rival cartel hits money swap - most of that is drone shots and Ruth reaction shots

viewers wince when wyatt and darlene reenact Harold & Maude

Ruth gets stomped

Wendy punches Ben for being a ****up

Helen gets shot

what am i missing?
Helen and Ruth are the only major characters that have significant violence visited on them
How much violence are you looking for in order to classify a show as violent as opposed to non-violent? The season literally starts off with a guy getting his neck slit and ends with a woman getting shot at point blank range and blood splattering all over the place. lol

By this standard, the movie Scarface isn't very violent either.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How much violence are you looking for in order to classify a show as violent as opposed to non-violent? The season literally starts off with a guy getting his neck slit and ends with a woman getting shot at point blank range and blood splattering all over the place. lol

that's Parks and Rec level violence

that type of violence on a drug show is much closer to BBC detective shows than any sort of breaking bad or the wire or fargo or any similar genre show

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man this show is fantastic. Also Laura Linney is beautiful. I’d never heard of her before this show, I’m smitten.

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

Yes and did we conveniently forget the first show of season one? Some people are simply foolish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DerrickB How many sacks for Marcus Davenport if he is healthy for the entire season? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
Andrus Why the 2020 season is crucial for Drew Brees’ legacy with the Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints continue to communicate with season ticket holders about 2020 season SR News Page Articles 0
Saints offer fans options to defer season tickets, receive refunds for 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints offer season ticket holders refunds and the option to skip using their 2020 tickets Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints allow season ticket holders to opt out of 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
As NFL season rapidly approaches, NFL showing no urgency to deal with COVID-19 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Delay the season and shorten it to 13 games idea Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Dan in Lafayette 2020 New Orleans Saints Team Outlook: Overcoming Bad Beats For Another Playoff-Bound Season SR News Page Articles 0
Zack Lee Hanna season 2. (prime) Everything Else Board 24
BobE LSU receives 3 championship rings after perfect season Collegiate Sports Board 4
RedJem Email for Season ticket holders coming soon Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 67
tomwaits Do you think there will be a 2020 season? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Nolaboy1970 Saints Saints 2009 season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Scary Info on Why the Season May Not Take Place - from a Claimed Insider Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 144
How many regular season games will the NFL have in 2020? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Lattimore NFL If/when the 2020 season is cancelled... what happens? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
New Orleans Pelicans will scrimmage Brooklyn, Denver, Milwaukee before season resumes in Orlando Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints D-line coach says Marcus Davenport 'definitely has room to get better' even after strong second season SR News Page Articles 0
NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem beginning in 2020 season: AP Source Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Question??? Will the Uncertainty of the Season Impact Player Conditioning and Injuries? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8