Ozark season 3 this Friday 3/27/2020 (1 Viewer)

Jonah is gonna kill the main character of this season... next season.

They are definitely carving that out as a long story arc IMO. He's slowly becoming a deranged, cold-hearted serial killer before our eyes.

Spoiler
I think the brother is still alive. They didn't show him getting killed and the body was wrapped up.

The only way this works is if Wendy convinced "hardcore assassin dude" to not do his job, which I think is very unlikely.

The only way this works is if Wendy convinced "hardcore assassin dude" to not do his job, which I think is very unlikely.
Actually no. Wendy would know nothing about it. "Hardcore assassin dude" takes orders directly from the drug lord not the lawyer as the last scene clearly showed.

Actually no. Wendy would know nothing about it. "Hardcore assassin dude" takes orders directly from the drug lord not the lawyer as the last scene clearly showed.

So what would be "the drug lord's" motivation for this?

Good call, thinking about it, I thought he was the best character of season 3, sure would be a nice twist if he was still alive....

Spoiler
I think the brother is still alive. They didn't show him getting killed and the body was wrapped up.
That would be SUCH bad writing
Navarro does not need him to threaten Wendy bc kids
And he’s a complete wildcard for Navarro - the reason he’s dead is bc that’s what Navarro ‘demanded’
Plus Nelson gave Marty the corpse - he’s just going to hope Marty doesn’t open the bag?

The reason we don’t see the actual death is that the show doesn’t really do violence
Shop keeper in 1st scene, the baptism, the hit in the money - that’s about it
And even then most of that is off camera
They were saving the onscreen violence for Helen and even that violence is told mostly in the splatter n Marty and Wendy mirroring the splatter on the baptism gowns in the 1st scene

Ben's dead. They've shown us time and time again... they don't mess around.

and all three of them covered in blood sold that Hug so well. "we're in this together my "friends""

Last edited:
That would be SUCH bad writing
Navarro does not need him to threaten Wendy bc kids
And he’s a complete wildcard for Navarro - the reason he’s dead is bc that’s what Navarro ‘demanded’
Plus Nelson gave Marty the corpse - he’s just going to hope Marty doesn’t open the bag?

The reason we don’t see the actual death is that the show doesn’t really do violence
Shop keeper in 1st scene, the baptism, the hit in the money - that’s about it
And even then most of that is off camera
They were saving the onscreen violence for Helen and even that violence is told mostly in the splatter n Marty and Wendy mirroring the splatter on the baptism gowns in the 1st scene

I have heard more than one person say this show doesn't do much violence, between here and on social media. Am I watching the same show?

I have heard more than one person say this show doesn't do much violence, between here and on social media. Am I watching the same show?
from what i remember
shop clerk in first scene gets neck cut and there is splatter
2 money counters get tied up and the people grabbing the money get blown up but all that is offscreen

ruth knees mafia idiot in the gambinos and tosses him over the rail

Darlene punches Wendy

rival cartel dumps bodies outside navarro's (no onscreen violence)

Marty gets slapped (i think)

rival cartel hits money swap - most of that is drone shots and Ruth reaction shots

viewers wince when wyatt and darlene reenact Harold & Maude

Ruth gets stomped

Wendy punches Ben for being a ****up

Helen gets shot

what am i missing?
Helen and Ruth are the only major characters that have significant violence visited on them

from what i remember
shop clerk in first scene gets neck cut and there is splatter
2 money counters get tied up and the people grabbing the money get blown up but all that is offscreen

ruth knees mafia idiot in the gambinos and tosses him over the rail

Darlene punches Wendy

rival cartel dumps bodies outside navarro's (no onscreen violence)

Marty gets slapped (i think)

rival cartel hits money swap - most of that is drone shots and Ruth reaction shots

viewers wince when wyatt and darlene reenact Harold & Maude

Ruth gets stomped

Wendy punches Ben for being a ****up

Helen gets shot

what am i missing?
Helen and Ruth are the only major characters that have significant violence visited on them

How much violence are you looking for in order to classify a show as violent as opposed to non-violent? The season literally starts off with a guy getting his neck slit and ends with a woman getting shot at point blank range and blood splattering all over the place. lol

By this standard, the movie Scarface isn't very violent either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom