P. Thomas's trade value (1 Viewer)

Guys, remember that Payton knew what he had with Thomas when he tried to trade back up and get Beenie Wells and successfully traded up and got Ingram. I think it is fairly obvious that though they may value him, Thomas is not the feature back that Payton wants.

No. No. No.

Pierre stays. He is our BEST running back, and he has an affordable contract.

Are you guys sick in the head?

The guy asked a ?

Not if we should.

This is why i hate posting on this board sometimes. Some of you take things overboard and don't know the difference between people inquiring and an opinion.

It wasn't the OP's idea to trade Thomas he just wanted to know what his value would be.

If you know or think u know tell him.........if not save the "you people must be crazy" stuff.

IJS

If this is how some of you act in the offseason, I can't wait to read this forum in the regular season.

The guy asked a ?

Not if we should.

This is why i hate posting on this board sometimes. Some of you take things overboard and don't know the difference between people inquiring and an opinion.

It wasn't the OP's idea to trade Thomas he just wanted to know what his value would be.

If you know or think u know tell him.........if not save the "you people must be crazy" stuff.

IJS

LOL what's up with all the whining n neg reps? These ppl act as soft as wet cake! Are their thongs too tight up their crack or what? If so, dig em out keep it movin lol

Bring on more neg reps! That should put me in my place

The guy asked a ?

Not if we should.

IJS

You've been here long enough to know that an opinion other than "Harper is top 5 in the league" or "Robinson is the best press corner in the league" is met with insults and mockery. These people think the Saints history started with Mike McKenzie or, maybe, Ricky Williams. Pretty clueless group sometimes but many knowledgeable as well.

Guys, remember that Payton knew what he had with Thomas when he tried to trade back up and get Beenie Wells and successfully traded up and got Ingram. I think it is fairly obvious that though they may value him, Thomas is not the feature back that Payton wants.

And Ingram is?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

This thread is is useless as discussing the trade value of our best QB or our best offensive lineman. PT had zero dropped balls last year, cannot be tackled on the first contact, and dude is a bad cat on a screen pass. OP, you should be ashamed of yourself. ;)

To me it seems as though everyone wants Ingram to either be the "bell cow" for our offense in about 3-4 years, or the best running back on the team right now, this year. Why can't he just be a 1st round pick that has played pretty well in his first couple of years?

People are always talking about his trade potential and whether or not he was worth the pick and saying that if he's not going to be an absolute stud in the future we need to unload him NOW. I just don't understand the thought process.

Draft picks may not always pan out how you want, but I bet if you won the lottery for $10 million instead of $50 million you wouldn't say "Well, this didn't turn out as great as I hoped... I'd better try to get rid of this $10 million ASAP!" Ingram has been a pretty good player thus far and there's no reason the Saints should not be willing to see if he progresses any further before his contract expires.

As long as he is not commanding a big salary, why would you not want to keep him around until his contract is over? It's all about value. There is no reason we can't keep Ivory and Ingram and Thomas and Sproles and Cadet as long as they're all giving us more than what they're costing us, and not preventing us from adding other key players to the roster.

As for Thomas and his "trade value"... I don't think many teams would be willing to trade/sign Thomas right now though because younger running backs are relatively easy to find even in the later rounds of the draft nowadays. He has also had a few injury concerns in the past that teams would knock him on (undeservingly.)

Most GREAT players that get up there in age don't even command usually more than conditional late round picks during trades. A 6-7th round pick is probably all Thomas would fetch, and I don't think that would be worth it to the Saints unless his contract is unmanageable.

I wold strongly disagree with cutting Pierre Thomas, and even if he were put on the trade block you shouldn't expect nothing more then a 6th round pick at best. Pierre Thomas is without a doubt a solid back, but other teams wouldn't give up much more him. They honestly wouldn't. Other would disagree with this but honestly Mark Ingram has the most trade value in our backfield. Not saying much, but it is the truth.

The guy asked a ?

Not if we should.

IJS

Well hell while you are at it what can the Saints get if they traded Drew? I mean since we are evaluating. And I mean Drew is not going to be on top forever...

The way some people are reacting, this reminds me of a "cut Henderson" thread. I learned a long time ago, never talk about trading or cutting a fan favorite.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom