P. Thomas's trade value (1 Viewer)

Still is....untill Ivory or Ingram start showing something different than what they have been PT is our best all around back.

Ingram was our leading rusher this past season, he was injured the previous. In a pass first offense, I'd say thats showing something.

Ingram was our leading rusher this past season, he was injured the previous. In a pass first offense, I'd say thats showing something.

Yeah he's improving but for his draft status and salary he's disappointing.

We know he'll never be that gamechangig explosive tackle breaking take it to the house rb.

And for his production we can find that later in teh draft or even UDFA....

What bothers me most is his lack of vision, the guy just can't break it to 2nd level unless there's a huge monstrous gaping labia of a hole...

Yeah he's improving but for his draft status and salary he's disappointing.

We know he'll never be that gamechangig explosive tackle breaking take it to the house rb.

And for his production we can find that later in teh draft or even UDFA....

What bothers me most is his lack of vision, the guy just can't break it to 2nd level unless there's a huge monstrous gaping labia of a hole...

That was the same problem Bush had. It was maddening watching him cut back and miss a huge hole. Ingram tends to do the same thing. Ivory, on the other hand, has terrific vision and is a decent blocker. He just needs to improve his route running.

Not necessarily saying that I'd advocate this...but if we were to move Pierre in favor of Ivory, what do u think we could get for him? I know a 2nd would b outta the question, but what about a 3rd? 4th maybe?

The only back with real trade value is Sproles. I would advocate trading him for a high draft choice and a LT any day of the week. The window is closing my friends, the future is NOW.

"Something"?...He is a FIRST round pick. We moved up to get him and he is performing like a FA.

Completely expendable. And I predict that he NEVER runs for a 1,000 yds. in a season. Can hit the holes and is usually brought down with the first hit.

A bust of a FIRST round pick.

You are not saying you are advocating it...but then you start a thread about it. :jpshakehead:

Why why why do people keep insisting on trading our best RB on the team...thank god no one on this board is the GM for this team because we would definitely still be the Saints of the 70's :rant:

Most people are saying PT is worth a 5th or 6th. Pretty disturbing for our "best" running back.

"Something"?...He is a FIRST round pick. We moved up to get him and he is performing like a FA.

Completely expendable. And I predict that he NEVER runs for a 1,000 yds. in a season. Can hit the holes and is usually brought down with the first hit.

A bust of a FIRST round pick.

He is a first round pick and should be showing more. I agree in that I don't think he will rush for 1000 yards. However, with our offense, I don't think any back will be a 1000 yard rusher. Since Payton has been here, I think we've only had one 1000 yard rusher and that was Deuce in 2006. I could be wrong, but I think that was the only 1000 yard rusher we've had under Payton. Rarely do we see Thomas, Ivory, Ingram, or Sproles stay in for more that one or two plays in a row. That will make it difficult for for any back to rush for 1000 yards. All that being said, I still feel he has been a disappointment, especially considering what we gave up to get him. Maybe on another team, with a different style of offense, he may have flourished. Look at Houston and Arian Foster. The story with Foster was that he had two choices for teams: the Saints and Texans. He chose Houston. Had he come here, I don't think he would have been as successful as he has been in Houston. This is just due to styles of offense. We like to throw the ball around, while Houston is more a ball control, run the ball, then play action to Andre Johnson offense.

BTW, love that avatar. My wife is a huge Dalton Hilliard fan. I've been trying to hunt a Hilliard jersey down. Not easy to find.

Look at Houston and Arian Foster. The story with Foster was that he had two choices for teams: the Saints and Texans. He chose Houston. Had he come here, I don't think he would have been as successful as he has been in Houston. This is just due to styles of offense. We like to throw the ball around, while Houston is more a ball control, run the ball, then play action to Andre Johnson offense.
Maybe it is the quality of the back in question. Had Foster come here and been limited to 6-7 carries a game, I would question Payton's abilities to judge talent. The guy is a beast.

BTW, love that avatar. My wife is a huge Dalton Hilliard fan. I've been trying to hunt a Hilliard jersey down. Not easy to find.
I've had that jersey forever and hardly ever wear it, but when I do, people will ask where in the "H" I found it!

Thnx to every1 who posted in my thread who weren't being pansy pricks lol. Don't know why some of u get so emotionally attached to some of these players

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom