P. Thomas's trade value (1 Viewer)

saintly179

Very Banned
Reaction score
Not necessarily saying that I'd advocate this...but if we were to move Pierre in favor of Ivory, what do u think we could get for him? I know a 2nd would b outta the question, but what about a 3rd? 4th maybe?

No. No. No.

Pierre stays. He is our BEST running back, and he has an affordable contract.

Are you guys sick in the head?

No. No. No.

Pierre stays. He is our BEST running back, and he has an affordable contract.

Are you guys sick in the head?

He WAS our best running back. This board needs to learn to let go of the past.

Ingram has the most trade value of our runningbacks. and he'd be the one i was least sad about if it happened

Not necessarily saying that I'd advocate this...but if we were to move Pierre in favor of Ivory, what do u think we could get for him? I know a 2nd would b outta the question, but what about a 3rd? 4th maybe?

Thomas and Ivory do different things and have different skill sets. Thomas is a much better receiver out of the backfield, a better back picking up blitzes, and can also return kicks if needed.
I don't think the team is going to decide to keep Ivory over Thomas.

Still is....untill Ivory or Ingram start showing something different than what they have been PT is our best all around back.

You're right. PT will be the one running back in the history of the league to make it past 30 and still be productive... We should probably re-sign him for 6 more years.

Really I'm just curious to find out how the RB situation is gonna turn out...no matter what. Whatever happens, happens. But it seems as though sumthins gotta give

Sky is blue. Water is wet. SR members are going to disagree, sometime vehemently, about which running backs the Saints should keep.

If I thought for even a minute that Ivory could be reliable enough to shoulder the running back duties, I say keep him because he is a stud. But he has not shown that he can stay healthy enough throughout the season. Even in limited action, the way he runs is an injury waiting to happen.

Ingram, to me, has been somewhat of a disappointment so far in his short career. I think there are a lot of reasons for this. Limited carries, maybe a little bit of an attitude? However, he started showing some real progress late last year. Was it because he felt threatened by Ivory? Maybe. I personally think that he can be THE guy, he just needs to want to be THE guy.

Thomas is, as far as I'm concerned, the most complete back we have. He can definitely catch - between him and Drew, the screen game is an art form. He has the ability to make some people miss or can be somewhat of a banger if necessary, but it is not his most dominant running style. But most importantly, I think he is the best blocking back we have. Now, it is probably due to the shared RB duties that he maintains that consistency year after year.

Sproles is, of course, the get the ball in space and turn on the jets guy. Although we have seen him banging away, too. Should we let him keep the return duties even if it may affect our running game? I wasn't impressed with Cadet returning last season.

So who do we keep, who do we get rid of? Heck, I don't know. I'm just a fan. Let the big money guys who are supposed to know what they are doing make those calls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom