Pac Man Jones Interview on 103.3 ESPN (1 Viewer)

Didn't Ray Lewis stab someone to death? How can he still be playing? Pacman did not kill anyone. Pacman got in a "bar fight" and, no, i would not get fired for a bar fight. Pacman got in trouble for public intoxication. No, i would not get fired for being intoxicated in public. Pacman got in trouble for vandalism. Again, i would not get fired for vandelism. Ray Lewis probably killed a dude!

and yes, Vick financed dog fighting. (i personally doubt he killed a dog with his hands) but it saddens me that i will never get to see him play again. he was an elite athelete.

please do me a favor and read. don't just post moronic things without reading the details. you are aggresiously wrong on all counts here. please do yourself a favor and use books for more than paper weights.

Have I in anyway endorced Ray Lewis? If I did, please point it out with a quote. I'm fairly certain, based on the thread title, that we're discussing Pacman Jones.

Pacman got in trouble for more than public intoxification.

lol, no bad intentions....i am just saying, i think there are a lot more NFL players doing things that would get you or I fired and getting away with it. Pacman is flashy, so he is in the public eye more. he is judged more. Ray Lewis was just an example of a player who is well respected throughout the league who did something much worse than pacman has even come close to.

And, yeah, as the report should say, pacman was suspended for public intoxication, a bar fight, SPEEDING!, and an alleged shooting involving his...entourage! not pacman directly.

please remember, i am not taking up for pacman, i think he is a jerk. He is just being slammed for this more so than others. Friends of mine in college said Peyton Manning was horrible to woman. Tom Brady openly has a child out of "wed lock" and everyone thinks he's a model american. the NFL is selective.

lol, no bad intentions....i am just saying, i think there are a lot more NFL players doing things that would get you or I fired and getting away with it. Pacman is flashy, so he is in the public eye more. he is judged more. Ray Lewis was just an example of a player who is well respected throughout the league who did something much worse than pacman has even come close to.

And, yeah, as the report should say, pacman was suspended for public intoxication, a bar fight, SPEEDING!, and an alleged shooting involving his...entourage! not pacman directly.

please remember, i am not taking up for pacman, i think he is a jerk. He is just being slammed for this more so than others. Friends of mine in college said Peyton Manning was horrible to woman. Tom Brady openly has a child out of "wed lock" and everyone thinks he's a model american. the NFL is selective.

I see what you're saying and if he hadn't had all of these chances and warnings I would agree with you. I've heard things about Peyton, but who knows, charges weren't filed.

As for Brady... I don't think NFL players being linked to super hot babes is as bad a black eye for the NFL as people getting shot :hihi:

It's all good dude.

Forgive my ignorance, guys, but was he really that good of a corner in the NFL? Didn't he only play his rookie season? What were his stats? Anyone have a highlight reel? Honestly, I only saw him play in the pre-season game vs us.
I'm asking because I keep hearing how amazing he is/was, etc. etc. Is/was he really that good of a CB?

Forgive my ignorance, guys, but was he really that good of a corner in the NFL? Didn't he only play his rookie season? What were his stats? Anyone have a highlight reel? Honestly, I only saw him play in the pre-season game vs us.
I'm asking because I keep hearing how amazing he is/was, etc. etc. Is/was he really that good of a CB?

In truth, he was that good.

I am not buying this. Talk is cheap. His actions speaks volumes. Can you really see Pacman with Brees, Fujita, Colston, Vilma, Patten, Deuce????? We have a bunch of dedicated and GOOD GUYS on the team. Keep it that way

you want a team of choirboys or do you want to win? everybody on the team is not going to be squeaky clean. c'mon...

yeah dude, you should youtube him. he was pretty amazing. He has a lot of heart and great athletic ability....

if you want the facts from an unbiased source, please read this:

On July 13, 2005 Jones was arrested on charges of assault and felony vandalism stemming from a nightclub altercation. On September 5, 2005 Jones was a guest at the annual Nashville Sports Council Kickoff Luncheon. After a loud verbal tantrum when he was told to wait in line for his vehicle later that evening, Jones was counseled by the police. He also refused to pay for any valet services used that evening, because he didn't have money at the time. On October 2005, in a petition filed by the State of West Virginia, it was alleged that Jones had not made regular and sufficient contact with his probation officer and that he did not report his July arrest in Nashville in a timely fashion. The court ordered the probation extended for a period of 90 days, although the state requested it to be extended one year.

On August 25, 2006, Jones was arrested in Murfreesboro, Tennessee for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after claiming that a woman stole his wallet. She claimed that she did not steal anything and Jones spat on her. Police officers said they ordered Jones to leave several times, but he refused, continuing to shout profanities at the woman. A judge granted him six months probation on the conditions that he stays out of further trouble and away from the nightclub.[23] On October 26, 2006. Jones was cited for misdemeanor assault for allegedly spitting in the face of a female student from Tennessee State University during a private party at Club Mystic, a Nashville nightclub. He was suspended by the Titans for one game and was scheduled to be booked on the charge on November 17, 2006.

Jones also is set to appear in a Fayetteville, Georgia court in 2007 for his February 2006 incident on subpoenas for felony and misdemeanor obstruction of justice charges for an incident outside a home. The charges of marijuana possession in the same state were dismissed.[24]

On June 18, 2007 Jones was sought by police for questioning after a shooting at an Atlanta strip club allegedly involved members of his entourage. According to police at the scene, Jones was not present during the shooting, and is not being charged.[25]

On May 7, 2007, Jones was stopped at 12:45 a.m. on Interstate 65 heading into downtown after an officer clocked him on radar at 79 mph in a 55 mph zone. Jones was driving his red 2004 Cadillac XLT he bought at police auction last fall. Police seized the Cadillac last spring in a drug bust. The car was not registered to Jones then, but he told a local TV reporter he had loaned the Cadillac to someone for a music video. Police called the man who had the car the main target of their investigation.

[edit] Las Vegas shooting case
On the morning of February 19, 2007 during the 2007 NBA All-Star Game weekend in Las Vegas, Jones is alleged to have been involved in an altercation with an exotic dancer at a local strip club. Jones and American rap artist Nelly patronized the club on the evening in question. Nelly began to shower the stage with hundreds of one-dollar bills, with fellow bad boy known only as Richard Rich, an act known as "making it rain." Jones then joined Nelly by throwing his own money for "visual effect." Club promoter Chris Mitchell then directed his dancers to collect the money. According to the club's co-owner, Jones became enraged when one of the dancers began taking the money without his permission. He allegedly grabbed her by her hair and slammed her head on the stage. A security guard intervened and scuffled with members of Jones' entourage of half a dozen people. Jones then allegedly threatened the guard's life.[26] During this time Mitchell and a male associate left the club with a garbage bag filled with $81,020 of Jones' money and two Breitling watches, which police later recovered.[27]

After club patrons exited following the original confrontation, the club owner says a person in Jones' entourage returned with a gun and fired into a crowd, hitting three people, including the security guard involved in the earlier skirmish. The guard was shot twice, and one of the people hit, former professional wrestler Tommy Urbanski, was paralyzed from the waist down. Jones maintains that he did not know the shooter, although the club's owner insists that Jones did. On March 26, 2007 the Las Vegas Police recommended to the city's district attorney that Jones be charged with one count of felony coercion and also a misdemeanor count of battery and a misdemeanor count of threat to life.[28]

More trouble followed Jones after the altercation, when drug dealer Darryl Moore reported to the police after being busted during a deal about his phone conversations with Jones. "We gotta slow down, man. We gotta get him focused on football, man. He's focused on too much other ****," Moore is alleged to have said. Wiretapped phone conversations between Moore and his friends revealed Moore talking about how Jones bet on college games to earn quick money. "You know, I was talkin' to him the other day about smokin', and he was like 'man, if I didn't smoke I couldn't take all the stress that I'm dealing with right now,'" Moore said.[29] Jones has not been connected to the Moore drug arrests or convicted for the Vegas stripper incident. But Titans management have said they will talk to Jones about his future with the Titans, and that there is always a possibility of letting him go. The NFL has issued an investigation into the situation, which is looking into setting up stricter penalties for off-field conduct.[30]

On June 20, 2007, the Las Vegas Police and Clark County District Attorney's office announced that Jones would face two felony charges stemming from the strip club melee.[31] But on November 13th, 2007, Jones accepted a plea deal[32]; on Dec. 6, Jones pleaded no contest to one charge of conspiracy to commit disorderly conduct, a misdemeanour. He was given a suspended prison sentence of a one-year, probation, and ordered to perform 200 hours of community service.[33]

On June 25, 2007, Tommy Urbanski and his wike Kathy sued Jones in civil court, claiming that Jones had bitten his left ankle, and was responsible for the shooting.[34]. The lawsuit also named the Tennessee Titans franchise and the NFL as defendants, on the grounds that Jones's employers knew of his erratic behavior prior to the Minxx incident but did not suspend him until afterwards. Had the Titans suspended Jones prior to the NBA All-Star game, the suit argues, he would not have been invited to the Las Vegas events, and the incident would not have taken place.[35]

if you truly read every word of this and believe anything that he says, i have some great real estate to sell you.

who is this unbiased source? I hope you don't believe everything that is printed in the papers. oh, and uh police reports or not unbiased. sorry....

Poor guy can't catch a break. He's a good kid I swear.

:covri:

(not quoting the big text, but responding to it)

and...you missed a few.

Was a person of interest after a shooting occurred at a gas station he was hanging out at. (umm...you're a multi millionaire and you hang out at a gas station at 2 in the morning? - really?)

His car was recovered from a known drug dealer. When asked why he loaned his car to a known drug dealer, Pac replied "I don't really pay attention to who I let use my cars." (yeah, I let someone borrow my car last week - didn't catch the fella's name - seemed like an ok dude though)

There are a couple other incidences, slipping my mind at the moment though.

As far as his cornerbacking skills go - he has the tools, but he is not a great CB yet. He relies on his speed (which is excellent in case you missed that) but is often out of place on zone coverages, tackles poorly and - like many interception-minded CBs - frequently misplays balls and gives up big gains.

The guy has not changed. The guy will not change. The guy can not change.

Not interested in Pacman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom