Pac Man Jones Interview on 103.3 ESPN (1 Viewer)

Forgive my ignorance, guys, but was he really that good of a corner in the NFL? Didn't he only play his rookie season? What were his stats? Anyone have a highlight reel? Honestly, I only saw him play in the pre-season game vs us.
I'm asking because I keep hearing how amazing he is/was, etc. etc. Is/was he really that good of a CB?
It seemed like he was on an ESPN highlight reel pretty much every other week in 06.

He would make special teams a legitamate threat and would allow us to trade up and get a game changing DT in the draft. To me that = one heckuva defense (on paper). Meach should help the passing game and Goody + PT = better running game. I don't know if he is worth it, but put him at #1 CB with MM at #2 later in the season and put Dorsey/Ellis at DT. Now name me one MAJOR hole on the entire team. There are some minor ones (Safety, RT, TE) but none that we couldn't win a Super Bowl with.

I totally see everyone's point on this. I just don't agree. If a team wants to deal with a guy with character issues, it should be their prerogative. Why do these men have to be heroes? As a kid, i was never drawn to the bad guys. So if I am able to do that, why aren't others?

I just hate seeing talent lost. I hate the Falcons, but, man did i love watching Mike Vick. Now, because people morally judged him (i would never hurt a dog), we will never see him play again. That is sad. And what about Ray Lewis?!!! why no beef with him?

When you were a kid what happened when you broke the rules?

It really is very simple. Pacman signed a contract worth millions of dollars. In that contract he agreed to the rules, if he had a problem with them he didn't have to become a football player.

Look, the NFL gets its money from advertisers that get their money from consumers. If Pacman goes unpunished and upsets a group of consumers then they will boycot products or even worse quit watching the NFL and the advertisers wont pay. Pacman's actions affect every player in the NFL. If he goes unpunished for his actions then it hurts the good guys like Brees, Colston and every other player, coach and employee of the NFL. This is a business just like Wal-Mart, McDonald's or any other multi Billion dollar businesses. If you don't think this can happen just look what it did to the NBA and MLB. If you allow a player to break certain rules then where exactly do you draw the line? There are hundreds of reasons that Pacman got suspended. I wish the NFL suspended him for the kids but the real reason was because of money but any one of the reasons was plenty enough for me.

This is the same as the tested positive for marijuana argument. I don't care if players smoke weed, I think weed should be legalized but if anyone is willing to throw away a career as a professional athlete and the millions of dollars that come with it to smoke weed then they are a ******* and deserve any punishment they get. The guy didn't hold up his end of the bargain and cost his team, friends, family and himself a lot of money and disappointment.

My, my, what a read.

Hi bclemms, good to read your posts as always.

"I think weed should be legalized "

Yes, and we all need to go smoke some rignt now. Hey, I'm on it here in Florida!

ddd

My, my, what a read.

Hi bclemms, good to read your posts as always.

"I think weed should be legalized "

Yes, and we all need to go smoke some rignt now. Hey, I'm on it here in Florida!

ddd

Really is a good read... i really am up in the air about this, he would surely help but gosh he
seems like such a *******

some people here.. and some there.. whoa..
gregh.. something how when a guy is thought to be a star, you want to give them a mill chances and can't do anything wrong, even though they are repeatedly in the paper for it.. but for guys that got talent, but hasn't proven yet, you want to cut your losses and get rid of them? THink about your double standards..

as far as ray lewis is concerened mr /miss firecouch, he's about as guilty of murder as mr pacman is.. he was there. he was jailed for lying to the cops,(obstructing justice) not for murder. he wasn't the one stabbed the person.
but you want to let pac slide, because he'd pretty much solve a hole this team has.. but you think ray should be further punished???

he was talking about how good he was gonna be to the commish, and to the media, and turned around and was in another club that night. he ain't changing.. let it go.

Sorry for not making a huge explanation, but I would take him. MAYBE he learned from all of this. None of you are God and can say for sure what kind of person he will be for the rest of his life.

Screw all of the goody two-shoes stuff. I'm a long time Saints fan and I'm tired of losing and being a joke in the NFL. If dude can make plays on the field to make us legitimate contenders...sign his "money raining, drunk driving, drug affiliated, women hating" behind up and let's get it done.

*disclaimer*--- alleged "money raining, drunk driving, drug affiliated, women hating".

The rant comes courtesy of my shrink.
The disclaimer is courtesy of my lawyer.

Whew..I feel better. Where's my Courvoisier?

Screw all of the goody two-shoes stuff. I'm a long time Saints fan and I'm tired of losing and being a joke in the NFL. If dude can make plays on the field to make us legitimate contenders...sign his "money raining, drunk driving, drug affiliated, women hating" behind up and let's get it done.

*disclaimer*--- alleged "money raining, drunk driving, drug affiliated, women hating".

The rant comes courtesy of my shrink.
The disclaimer is courtesy of my lawyer.

Whew..I feel better. Where's my Courvoisier?

Sure, he can help us in 2008 like he did TN in 07.

Just to throw my 2 cents in:

Ray Lewis was found innocent in a trial. Whether you agree with the verdict or not is another story. He did get fined $250000 by Tagliabue.

Leonard Little drove drunk and killed a woman. I don't know who the DA was at the time but he should've went to jail on vehicular manslaughter charges. I'm not sure what type of penalties he received, but he should've never been allowed back in the league.

Now PacMan with all his troubles is establishing a very negative history. Basically, anything positive short of saving a dozen kids with kittens and puppies from a burning orphanage will go unnoticed.

Basically, anything positive short of saving a dozen kids with kittens and puppies from a burning orphanage will go unnoticed.

This is why New Orleans would be the ideal place for him to repair his image. It is the most noticible city with the most pressing off the field issues in the NFL. Name me another city where he could get involved in the community and help as much. That said, until there is a NFL team in Vegas (never hapen), it also is the most dangerous city for him to be in for reasons most of us understand.

I dont understand you fans....you wanna win but you dont wanna do what it takes to win....think about it.....you are paying pennies for him, you will be able to include insurance incentives in his contract to protect the team. What is the problem...cmon now! I would much rather have him on the field covering receivers than jason david and would much rather have him returning kicks than reggie and lance!!!!! (think on that)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom