Pac Man Jones Interview on 103.3 ESPN (1 Viewer)

oodank

BIG DOG!
Reaction score
Man, whoever gets this guy is gonna get one hungry CB out to prove that he is not the monster that the media is portraying. Two things that stood out to me was that in just about every incident reported, he and his attorney made light of the fact that there were details left out that would have made you think twice about whether he actually did what was reported, even though he did put himself in a position to be "accused". Sounds like he needs to really understand that he was bringing these things upon himself and that his past, right or wrong, will follow him.
The second thing is this guy has so much belief in his talents that it almost comes across as an afterthought to him when he is speaking about football. He definitely respects the history of the game, and he was never a bad teammate.
He was asked about playing corner, he said "I'm good for at least 2 W's by myself."
He was asked about his return skills, he said "I haven't fielded punts for a few months, but when I'm back there I'm like driving a car with no seatbelt. It's reckless, but I make it do what it do. I'm good for 4 TDs a year."

He came across as sincere, he spoke candidly about his upbringing and the tragedies he endured. He spoke on every incident that came out...

Not sure if the Saints are really interested but for a 5th round pick, man! I think he wants to play for Dallas because they have a knack for "straightening guys out", but if TEN gets a better offer who's to say they wouldn't pull the trigger. He said he would welcome any insurance clauses protecting the team against future hangups and that he'd rather play out the last two years and then negotiate a new deal.

Overall, good 3hr interview! Go to 103.3FM ESPN (Dallas) they may have an audio link replay at some point.

everyone deserves another chance. i'd give TEN a low round pick and give him a minimum salary that was heavily incentive based on his off the field behavior....

Sorry, but I don't feel bad for a guy that has been arested 6 times in the past year.

i would take pacman in a second. i don' t even know why it's an issue. give them a 4th and 6th for him. he is well worth it. in my opinion, the most game changing CB in the league. hands down.

Man the more I think about it, the more I want to give it a shot:

--Very little we'd be giving up
--Very strict conduct clauses and very little tolerance for screwing up in his contract
--Huge value if it pans out
--Huge upgrade at CB and KR
--If he screws up, what do we lose? A roster spot? Whose, Crafts?

i would take pacman in a second. i don' t even know why it's an issue. give them a 4th and 6th for him. he is well worth it. in my opinion, the most game changing CB in the league. hands down.

wow. are you his agent by any chance?

I am not buying this. Talk is cheap. His actions speaks volumes. Can you really see Pacman with Brees, Fujita, Colston, Vilma, Patten, Deuce????? We have a bunch of dedicated and GOOD GUYS on the team. Keep it that way

He's convicted of hanging out with idiots... he's yet to get convicted of any crimes right? or did I miss something? (seriously) :shrug:

I am not buying this. Talk is cheap. His actions speaks volumes. Can you really see Pacman with Brees, Fujita, Colston, Vilma, Patten, Deuce????? We have a bunch of dedicated and GOOD GUYS on the team. Keep it that way

The only thing I can say to this is that "good guys" breed more "good guys". Look at Randy Moss in NE. He was put in a good situation and really ran with it. Possible, I say possible, for the same with Pacman.....but proceed with caution.

A top 6 pick 3 years ago that fills 2 needs with one pick.

Let me think about this one.:scratch:

it's amazing what you will do or say when you run out of money.

He is a loser! But sure he deserves a shot somewhere, but he will fail b/c he will get arrested again!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom