Pac Man Jones Interview on 103.3 ESPN (1 Viewer)

I don't know if the Cowboys have the support system in place to help him should be begin to stray. Phillips isn't exactly a disciplinarian, no crap allowed type of coach. So far, Owens has behaved himself to his credit. If Adam Jones can keep his head on straight and walk the straight and narrow, the Cowboys will have a steal.

i would take pacman in a second. i don' t even know why it's an issue. give them a 4th and 6th for him. he is well worth it. in my opinion, the most game changing CB in the league. hands down.

Game changing huh? I don't remember him helping TN at all last year.

Heck no, I would not want him on this team. He is nothing but trouble. How many "second chances" does he deserve?

Do we even know if he'll be playing this season? He won't be much help if he's not on the field.

Game changing huh? I don't remember him helping TN at all last year.

That was out of his hands. Before that, he was amazing. I think one of the most fun defenders to watch. It was silly that he was suspended anyway. it is not an athletes place to be a role model. It is an athlete's place to be an athelete. If people look up to him for his bad qualities, they are stupid for doing so. don't blame him, blame the dumb fans who can't think for themselves.....(wow this sounds harsh....sorry. just annoys me)

I'm listening too the interview now.. its on the ESPN homepage... pretty interesting stuff... seriously you all should take a listen when you get some time. it may not change your opinion about the guy, but its very interesting.

That was out of his hands. Before that, he was amazing. I think one of the most fun defenders to watch. It was silly that he was suspended anyway. it is not an athletes place to be a role model. It is an athlete's place to be an athelete. If people look up to him for his bad qualities, they are stupid for doing so. don't blame him, blame the dumb fans who can't think for themselves.....(wow this sounds harsh....sorry. just annoys me)

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok

Edit:

A) No it wasn't out of his hands. He wasn't randomly selected to be suspended.

B) Yes he deserved to be suspended. It wasn't even his second change that he squandered away. Plust let's not forget the fact that he's an employee of the NFL and his behavior was a poor reflection on the NFLs image.

C) Like it or not, athletes are role models. How many kids do you see playing a pick-up game of garbagemen?

D) Kids are naive and I agree it's a parent's role to teach them how to act and live, but kids are drawn to athletes. Pacman is/was a professional football player and if his employer feels he is presenting a bad image for his company he has every right to fire him.

E) So kids are dumb. That's cool :9:

:idunno:

i would take pacman in a second. i don' t even know why it's an issue. give them a 4th and 6th for him. he is well worth it. in my opinion, the most game changing CB in the league. hands down.
:lol:

Being a role model is part of being an NFL player cause no matter what kids will look up to you. The NFL is an organization and a job just like you and I have. If half of those accusations happen to either you or I, we would be fired in a heartbeat.

not fujita, but i can see him with the rest of them.

Why, what singles Fujita out as not belonging in that group in terms of character? I would include Fujita, Colston, Deuce, and Brees as being elite models for character and morals among NFL players

to play in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. To say that it was silly that he was suspended is absurd.

I don't know if the Cowboys have the support system in place to help him should be begin to stray. Phillips isn't exactly a disciplinarian, no crap allowed type of coach. So far, Owens has behaved himself to his credit. If Adam Jones can keep his head on straight and walk the straight and narrow, the Cowboys will have a steal.

over the years, dallas have helped such players as alonzo spielman, dmitrius underwood, terrell owens, and tank johnson (for now..knock on wood)..and spielman/underwood were in some deep stuff...although underwood was an unfortunate case where he kept hurting himself..

to play in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. To say that it was silly that he was suspended is absurd.

I totally see everyone's point on this. I just don't agree. If a team wants to deal with a guy with character issues, it should be their prerogative. Why do these men have to be heroes? As a kid, i was never drawn to the bad guys. So if I am able to do that, why aren't others?

I just hate seeing talent lost. I hate the Falcons, but, man did i love watching Mike Vick. Now, because people morally judged him (i would never hurt a dog), we will never see him play again. That is sad. And what about Ray Lewis?!!! why no beef with him?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom