Packers or Bucs to Win? (1 Viewer)

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Since we are on BYE, who would you want to win this week? While I want Tom Brady to lose, I also want Aaron Rodgers to lose. Probably the game that I'll watch this week just because I hope Brady fails miserably.

I want Packers to win, Carolina and ATL to lose. On that note Saints have a big advantage against Carolina in week 7

I have always gone with the premise that we need to take care of business in our Division first. To that end, as much as it gauls me to root for Rodgers, I believe it best for our Division chances to see the Bucs lose.

Since we are on BYE, who would you want to win this week? While I want Tom Brady to lose, I also want Aaron Rodgers to lose. Probably the game that I'll watch this week just because I hope Brady fails miserably.

Already been discussed

And we'll never hear the end of it if Tampa Tom beats Rodgers.
From what ive seen Tampa is not going to beat GB. Except for two games Tom has been very pedestrian. Tampas defense has been over rated thier good but not great as the media likes to hype.

From what ive seen Tampa is not going to beat GB. Except for two games Tom has been very pedestrian. Tampas defense has been over rated thier good but not great as the media likes to hype.

That D-line is crazy good, but they are missing Vita Vea a lot right now.
That secondary is terrible though. That's the secret to beating them for the last two years or so. Keep that D-line at bay and you can shred that secondary.

I agree, and they've been going through injuries just like everyone else not named SF

How about a tie?
Ties for NFC teams can hurt us far more than they can help us.

Let's say the Packers-Buccaneers game ends in a tie then we go on to beat Tampa again in 3 weeks and we sweep them. Fast forward to the end of the season and let's say we're 11-5 and they're 11-4-1 or we're 10-6 and they're 10-5-1 ect, they will win the division over us even though we have the head to head tiebreaker over them because that tie counts as a half-win when calculating win percentage.

11-5 record: 11 wins / 16 games = .688 win %
11-4-1 record: 11.5 wins / 16 games = .719 win %

10-6 record: 10 wins / 16 games = .625 win %
10-5-1 record: 10.5 / 16 games = .656 win %

Ties are really only beneficial if you don't possess the tiebreaker with a particular team and end up having the same number of wins as them at the end of the season. For example, we lost to the Packers. Let's say we tie in one of our remaining games and end up 11-4-1, if the Packers would end their season with less than 12 wins (which is rather unlikely given their schedule) then their head-to-head victory over us would be irrelevant since we'd be a half-game ahead of them. Unless of course if they'd have a tie too where both teams would be 11-4-1 or whatever then we're at the same win % and then their victory over us comes into play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom