Packers signed Eric Wilson off of our practice squad (1 Viewer)

Even with our bad start to the season, I still felt like we have a talented roster and wasting it. Looks like that might hold true. Two players poached from the 1-3 Saints practice squad in one day.
That’s the frustrating thing of it all. I would not be mad at all if the Saints were 1-3 because they lacked talent. But we may have one of the best rosters in the league, but one of the worst records in the league.

These players were on the practice squad for a reason. Everyone up in arms over losing Murray. If you watch the game film the OL is opening some great holes. Roushar & Marrone are doing a fantastic to amazing job with the OL and running game. The only negative in that aspect has been the fumbles. However, the running game is solid because the OL has been doing work.

Not really worried about losing a journeyman LB who has been in the league for 7 seasons and can't hold a spot on any 53. Much to do about nothing... Packers likely signed him because he was a Viking for 4 seasons so maybe they are looking for an edge?

Well we lost Wilson to the Packers. I wonder if he wouldn't play special teams. Zack Baun hasn't played one down on defense this season that I can remember seeing. All I know is he has 3 special team tackles. I think it would have been better to keep Wilson who has more experience. I know they don't play the same LB position. Kayden Ellis seems to have supplanted Baun as the SAM and Kayden is on the field a lot this season. Just a thought.

These players were on the practice squad for a reason. Everyone up in arms over losing Murray. If you watch the game film the OL is opening some great holes. Roushar & Marrone are doing a fantastic to amazing job with the OL and running game. The only negative in that aspect has been the fumbles. However, the running game is solid because the OL has been doing work.

Not really worried about losing a journeyman LB who has been in the league for 7 seasons and can't hold a spot on any 53. Much to do about nothing... Packers likely signed him because he was a Viking for 4 seasons so maybe they are looking for an edge?
Very good and insightful post, BBSaint. :9:

Lots of posters have been raking Coach DA over the coals for Murray being signed off the PS. Your post brings Paul Harvey into the mix with:

“…the REST of the story!” 🤔

:potd:

:gosaints:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom