Packers target Saints Ball as next negotiator (1 Viewer)

They need to promote Russ Ball to GM and Mickey Loomis to President/CEO. Make that things to do today...

From the article it sounds like it's a done deal to me. I hate to hear it because the Saints FO has actually done a competent job of getting guys to sign reasonable contracts (for the most partt, excluding C. Grant). Hopefully Loomis has seen this coming and is prepared to offer Ball a better deal, or has a replacement waiting, or has groomed a young guy for the job. Sadly the Saints have never been able maintain a consistently good FO and that has led to a inconsistent product on the field......

It is now...http://www.nola.com/breaking_sports/index.ssf/2008/02/saints_vp_ball_leaves_for_gree.html

hey look at the bright side. they negotiate. we can find another one. how many in the front office can talent evaluate? only sean payton :) Remember when sean wasnt here we had courtney watson and tebucky jones. he probably negotiated the sullivan deal as well.

We're losing alot of coaches and FO's personnel this offseason.

Well he negotiated himself right out of NO and into a promotion in GB.

I am posting the whole thing as it is so short. It seems a lateral to me although Loomis says promotion.

Saints' VP Ball leaves for Green Bay

by Mike Triplett, The Times-Picayune Wednesday February 13, 2008, 1:49 PM

The Saints lost a valued member of their front office to Green Bay on Tuesday when Russ Ball took a job as the Packers' primary contract negotiator.

Ball, who served as the Saints' Vice President of Football Administration and Player Finance, has been in New Orleans since 2002. He was the team's primary contract negotiator and had a great reputation both in the organization and throughout the league for being able to hammer out contracts.
"This is a promotion for Russ, and we've always taken the approach that we are supportive when our people have an opportunity to better themselves," Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis said in a statement. "Russ has been a valuable part of our organization, but it speaks well for our club and our philosophy when other NFL teams are interested in our employees. We wish Russ well in his future endeavors."

Take it easy, guys. Ball is a numbers guy. The world is full of them. I'm sure the Saints can find a decent replacement.

Take it easy, guys. Ball is a numbers guy. The world is full of them. I'm sure the Saints can find a decent replacement.

Hopefully he left cause of a raise...but it is a loss, to say.

Of course there is alot of number guys, but you don't want to lose continuity and familiarity with someone...then you have to start all over.

we lost a serious negotiator. here is a video of him striking a deal.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mA0nM8l8onE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mA0nM8l8onE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom