Page 2 Bill Simmons Week 2 (1 Viewer)

There are plenty of team that would take Jake Delhome.. Give me a break. It's game one of Seventeen.

When I was at USL (now UL-L), I went to a lot of Ragin Cajun games. Jake Delhomme's main target was Brandon Stokely. Stokely caught just about everything Jake threw. To watch the highlights of the first weeks' games...Brandon catching the tipped ball and running along the end zone to run time off the clock before he ran it in for the TD while an announcer is losing his mind. And then there was Jake, poor pitiful Jake, loud boos rained down on him.

While I can't stand the Panthers, I felt bad for Jake. Hopefully, Jake can put last Sunday behind him and beat them ******* Falcons.:hihi:

Then he can go back to feeding other teams defenses.

"Has Brad Childress ever given an interview in which it didn't look like he should be staring through penitentiary glass holding a black phone?"

:biggiggle:

I live in the Carolinas. The press here, especially the radio, has been just as hard on him as the article. I mean it's been brutal. The fans are beyond furious. Jake is going to have his days, but that black cloud that the fan base has isn't going away unless there's a complete reversal. The fans here are very fair-weathered and they won't support a losing team. If he keeps stinking it up, the leash is going to be short.

The more I thought about it, it's actually a brilliant pick. Atlanta's stock is high because it trounced a potentially lousy Miami team in Week 1. (Red Flag No. 1.) Carolina's stock is low ONLY because it stunk in Week 1. (Red Flag No. 2.) This game means infinitely more to Carolina than Atlanta. (Red Flag No. 3.) Atlanta is battling secondary problems that Miami's pathetic passing game failed to exploit … but those problems still exist. (Red Flag No. 4.) Nobody -- repeat: nobody -- believes in the Panthers right now. (Red Flag No. 5.) Every gambler alive will be putting the Falcons in a 6-point teaser on Sunday. (Red Flag No. 6.) And you're laughing as you read this paragraph because you can't believe Simmons is dumb enough to back Jake Delhomme. (Red Flag No. 7.)

I can't stand the Panthers, but I kind of think he's right. Panthers win in Atlanta this weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom