Paging DadsDream (and other Clinton-era vets) (1 Viewer)

I'd have to agree. Another decent editorial in yesterday's paper was written by a black dude (can't remember his name), "So this is what accountability looks like?". It was great and a thorough indictment over the incompetence that has ruled Washington from 2001 through 2006.

If it weren't so ridiculously sad, it would be quite funny. But half you people reading this or griping about Hillary voted for what you, and by default our injured military, got.

Damn the torpedoes baby! :rock:

TPS

I'd have to agree. Another decent editorial in yesterday's paper was written by a black dude (can't remember his name), "So this is what accountability looks like?". It was great and a thorough indictment over the incompetence that has ruled Washington from 2001 through 2006.

If it weren't so ridiculously sad, it would be quite funny. But half you people reading this or griping about Hillary voted for what you, and by default our injured military, got.

Damn the torpedoes baby! :rock:

TPS
Totally off subject Steve.

Anyone who served during the Clinton administration knows quite well Hillary's stance on military health care (aka the Tri-Care debacle). It is no secret the military was used as an experiment for her socialized health care ideas. So now she's calling for better health care for GIs and their families? Oh...my...goodness. That would be like Bush demanding an immediate troop pullout from Iraq.

100% hypocrisy brought to you be the Republicrat Party™.

I think I'm going to be totally ill.

Worse yet, if I even try to impart knowledge of the role this woman played in bringing us to our current state of affairs when it comes to military hospitals...

Oh, nevermind.

I think I'm going to be totally ill.

Worse yet, if I even try to impart knowledge of the role this woman played in bringing us to our current state of affairs when it comes to military hospitals...

Oh, nevermind.

DD,

As someone who has dealt with it first hand and has definite opinions, is this article total BS or is there any truth to it:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1376238,00.html

I was raised by my maternal grandparents, My grandfather was 100% dependent on the VA system. He was not healthy the last 20 years of his life. Had a paralyzing stroke at 62 and live in a wheelchair until 81. During that period and before there were a lot of trips to VA hospitals for us.

I spent a lot of time observing the operations and they were definitely more than a few pegs below a private hospital in most respects. Worst thing might have been attention and response to patients by the nurses and orderlies and the attitude of some of the doctors.

he died in '99 and I have not been back in a VA hosptal since.

Have things gotten any better or is that article over the top?

It does read like a P.R. piece, doesn't it?

Carefully tucked away on Page 2 is the revelation of how they transformed the VA...by eliminating HALF of the system's 52,000 beds in the mid-1990s.

I lived at a VA hospital in Texas with my father for three weeks before he died in the early 90s.

I've been processed through the VA hospital here in Pineville.

My mother-in-law was an RN at a VA ICU for twenty years before she was forced out through character assasination, falsification of records and reports...somebody wanted their relative to have her job so their whole extended family could run an entire wing of the hospital.

- The system is rife with red tape which keeps those seeking care waiting days, weeks and even months.

- Nepotism, do-nothing jobs and homesteading is rampant in the VA system. The VA system has long been treated as a social entitlement employment program for the underprivileged.

That Time story is a whitewash, in my opinion.

It does read like a P.R. piece, doesn't it?

Carefully tucked away on Page 2 is the revelation of how they transformed the VA...by eliminating HALF of the system's 52,000 beds in the mid-1990s.

I lived at a VA hospital in Texas with my father for three weeks before he died in the early 90s.

I've been processed through the VA hospital here in Pineville.

My mother-in-law was an RN at a VA ICU for twenty years before she was forced out through character assasination, falsification of records and reports...somebody wanted their relative to have her job so their whole extended family could run an entire wing of the hospital.

- The system is rife with red tape which keeps those seeking care waiting days, weeks and even months.

- Nepotism, do-nothing jobs and homesteading is rampant in the VA system. The VA system has long been treated as a social entitlement employment program for the underprivileged.

That Time story is a whitewash, in my opinion.

Kinda was my gut feeling based on what I saw personally. I don't see how they could change the culture so quickly...

I neglected to mention that my sister is an LPN who worked at a VA hospital for about six months. She bailed out when she walked into a room and caught six people, all related to eachother, plotting her professional demise so they could hire another relative.

You know, it may be hypocrisy but at least she's trying to do something. I don't know if it's for the right reasons or personal gain (I suspect personal gain) but I won't begrudge anyone trying to make the situation better for our men and women in uniform.

I would like to see her actual proposed Bill of Rights and see if it's meaningful or more political meaningless fluff like 98% of the bills presented these days. However, whatever her reasoning or past screw ups she'll have my support if it even remotely addresses 1/10th of the problems.

You know, it may be hypocrisy but at least she's trying to do something. I don't know if it's for the right reasons or personal gain (I suspect personal gain) but I won't begrudge anyone trying to make the situation better for our men and women in uniform.

I would like to see her actual proposed Bill of Rights and see if it's meaningful or more political meaningless fluff like 98% of the bills presented these days. However, whatever her reasoning or past screw ups she'll have my support if it even remotely addresses 1/10th of the problems.
SBTB...election fodder. You know it. I know it. Everyone with even a smidgen of common sense knows it. If it were to go anywhere it would have more riders than a Shetland pony at a traveling fair.

ba...there is a distinct difference between the VA medical system and the military medical system. The two are normally totally unrelated. But to answer your question, the VA medical system is horrific to put it mildly. Ever hear of an oncologist telling someone they will not offer any radiation or chemotherapy to a patient because it is too aggressive....and they haven't even read the pathologist's report yet?

SBTB...election fodder. You know it. I know it. Everyone with even a smidgen of common sense knows it. If it were to go anywhere it would have more riders than a Shetland pony at a traveling fair.

True but on those rare times something good gets done it usually is election fodder. Like I said I think it's personal gain I just really don't care as long as it helps our folks out that are making a 5th of what I'm making in order to ensure I'm alive and well to make it. I know when I was in I didn't care why I was getting a raise or new benefits, I was just thankful to see them (more beer money). :ezbill:

I get nervous anytime legislation is labeled "(fill in name here) Bill of Rights," except for the original, of course.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom