Painful memories..the Lansford Kick (1 Viewer)

I pulled this from the comments section. Sounds awful:

Right before the kick my best friend Kyle died from hyperventilation. He was a great kid. I was 13 and he was 10. Superdome personel did what they could but it just didn't work out. Who Dat is what he is saying in Heaven!

That was bad... but the playoff loss to San Fran was the worst, IMHO. That loss was totally unnecessary, and cost us another Lombardi. The loss to the Rams just cost us a playoff berth.

100 % correct

Worst loss in Saints history.

Drew Brees would be considered in the top 10 QBs of all time if we had gone on to win the Super Bowl, which we would have.

wow former husker Vince Farragamo... just wish he hadn't beat NOLA that day.. otherwise I always thought he was the only Husker QB to make it in the pros as a QB.. all others required to change positions.. (eric crouch, scott frost)

that was the first saints game i went to,

i still have nightmares

I was watchng that game from my Mom and Dad's home with my then girlfriend/fiance now wife. She had to take me and concole me by making out at our future home that was being built at that time.

This game included a 4th and 29 conversion if I am not mistaken on the game winning drive by the Rams.

And of course Bum electing to punt the ball from the Rams 31 yard line in the last 2 minutes of the game. You guessed it, 11 yard net punt.

I'll never forget that kick.

I was going through a difficult time in my life back then, and that play was sort of the backbreaker. Took to the bed, depressed for several days after that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom