Panasonic likely to discontinue making Plasma TV's (1 Viewer)

I have a Pioneer and was fully expecting for my next TV to be a Panasonic due to the fact that Panasonic spent a fortune buying all of Pioneers patents.

I wonder if Panasonic is going to sell off its PIO patents to someone else?

If that happens whoever buys them will become the new plasma king.

I've got a vierra 50 and 60 in the house.. These plasmas are the best bang for the buck. You can't beat the refresh rate and the true black.

"The bad news? While Panasonic's plasma manufacturing will continue, The Verge reports VP Kiyoshi Okamoto confirmed at the event that development has ceased on its plasma models"

From Engadent

"The bad news? While Panasonic's plasma manufacturing will continue, The Verge reports VP Kiyoshi Okamoto confirmed at the event that development has ceased on its plasma models"

From Engadent
My spare TV is a 55" Samsung Plasma.

I believe it rivals the Panasonic and in it's own right even better. I think the colors are sharper.

Just an FYI to those of you who are bummed about the Panny news.

My spare TV is a 55" Samsung Plasma.

I believe it rivals the Panasonic and in it's own right even better. I think the colors are sharper.

Just an FYI to those of you who are bummed about the Panny news.

Yeah I've also got a 50" Samsung Plasma that has a wonderful picture. Have been giving thought on moving up to a 60" and had been looking at the Panasonic too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom