Pancakes, whats NOT for breakfast. (1 Viewer)

BHM

Can't please 'em all
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So Saturday afternoon I am digging around in the pantry and see the side of a new box of Hungry Jack pancake mix. Oh man, that will be great for breakfast. So I get up this morning and decide to go ahead and make some so they will be ready when the wife wakes up.

Quietly I get out the skillet, measuring cup, mixing bowl, milk, butter and eggs. I go into the pantry and grab the box of pancake mix and proceed to open it up and pour it into the measuring cup.

Now, I am not one to complain but eating mashed potatoes for breakfast was not what I had in mind. :rant:

mashed_potatoes_original_small.jpg

original_AMOE_small.jpg

Did you cook it? I'd cover it with either maple syrup or hot sauce, chances are no one would notice the difference.

Did you cook it? I'd cover it with either maple syrup or hot sauce, chances are no one would notice the difference.

No, I was mad and settled for a bowl of grits. :rant:

At least no one stole your gas can! I was mowing the grass and naturally, I ran out of fuel. Went to grab the gas can which is conveniently always near my steps under the car port. NO GAS CAN! Both my regular gas and gas/oil mix can are both missing! Who steals gas cans and not mowers? COMEON MAN!

So Saturday afternoon I am digging around in the pantry and see the side of a new box of Hungry Jack pancake mix. Oh man, that will be great for breakfast. So I get up this morning and decide to go ahead and make some so they will be ready when the wife wakes up.

Quietly I get out the skillet, measuring cup, mixing bowl, milk, butter and eggs. I go into the pantry and grab the box of pancake mix and proceed to open it up and pour it into the measuring cup.

Now, I am not one to complain but eating mashed potatoes for breakfast was not what I had in mind. :rant:

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Really? Was it worth the effort? :idunno:

At least no one stole your gas can! I was mowing the grass and naturally, I ran out of fuel. Went to grab the gas can which is conveniently always near my steps under the car port. NO GAS CAN! Both my regular gas and gas/oil mix can are both missing! Who steals gas cans and not mowers? COMEON MAN!

People who recently stole a mower. :scratch:

I'll bet you have all of these ingredients in your pantry:

Good Old Fashioned Pancakes

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 1 1/4 cups milk
* 1 egg
* 3 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions

1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/good-old-fashioned-pancakes/Detail.aspx

:idunno:

mashed_potatoes_original_small.jpg

original_AMOE_small.jpg

laughed good at this. up hear we have polish and german places that make potato pancakes..my bride does them well. put some ketchup on with pepper and good to go..onion in the batter mix..the poles put applesauce on

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom