Panhandler with wheelchair... (1 Viewer)

Saw this on FB just this morning. The person lives in a neighborhood where the entry homes start at 250k and go up to the moon a few blocks down on the water.

Untitled.jpg

I've heard that a lot of them get dogs not only for the sympathy factor but also because it's less likely that the police will arrest them because it'd require getting animal control involved and the whole thing becomes too big of an ordeal for just arresting a panhandler.

I had not even thought about that one... makes sense...

I had not even thought about that one... makes sense...
Back in my early 20's I was driving home (I lived in a mostly black neighborhood) and I got stopped by the police because they thought I was driving around late at night looking for drugs. One cop actually told me "You're lucky you have your dog with you or I would search this car and take your arse to jail - just get out of here. I'm not waiting hours for animal control to get out here." even though I was just driving home. I hadn't changed the address on my license, so, ok, I could see why he'd think I was making it up. But that was when I learned about the animal control thing with getting arrested and just put two and two together for homeless people with dogs.

Took this pic with my iPhone about 2 weeks ago in Pcola.

Attachments

• 9EE51080-4C56-4EFD-8BBB-78DB1FE14826.jpeg
    9EE51080-4C56-4EFD-8BBB-78DB1FE14826.jpeg
    561.1 KB · Views: 11

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom