Panhandler with wheelchair... (1 Viewer)

Now that I am retired I've been looking into earning extra money. Might look into this...…...lolpanhandlers.jpg

I occasionally give a few bucks to people when I come in contact with them. I don't feel compelled to do so, nor do I ever really feel like I'm getting "taken" when I do.

My basic policy is this; it is up to them what they do with the money. It's up to me as a representative of people of faith to give them the chance to do the right thing with my charity. Maybe they don't do the right thing that day. Or even the next. Maybe not even that year, or ever. But that's their responsibility. That's their free will. But they can't make the right choice if they don't have the means to even make a choice with in the first place.

I don't have the ability to discern between "good" homeless people and "bad" homeless people and fake homeless people. And what type of person would I be at my core anyway if I attempted to only give to those who "deserve" my help? In my belief system, my God saved me when I truly didn't deserve it, so how can I hold others to a higher standard than he did me, and even pretend to call myself a Christian?

Last edited:
I occasionally give a few bucks to people when I come in contact with them. I don't feel compelled to do so, nor do I ever really feel like I'm getting "taken" when I do.

My basic policy is this; it is up to them what they do with the money. It's up to me as a representative of people of faith to give them the chance to do the right thing with my charity. Maybe they don't do the right thing that day. Or even the next. Maybe not even that year, or ever. But that's their responsibility. That's their free will. But they can't make the right choice if they don't have the means to even make a choice with in the first place.

I don't have the ability to discern between "good" homeless people and "bad" homeless people and fake homeless people. And what type of person would I be at my core anyway if I attempted to only give to those who "deserve" my help? In my belief system, my God saved me when I truly didn't deserve it, so how can I hold others to a higher standard than he did me, and even pretend to call myself a Christian?

This is a great post.

whoa
This is humbling to read
Thanks for posting

These pics were taken by a friend of mine and posted on Facebook...

Bottom line.. My friend was getting gas.. Guy pulls up in his car and parks it in the station parking lot... He gets out, opens the hatchback, pulls out a wheelchair and the walks it over to the corner.. And then proceeds to sit in it and panhandle on the corner...

62047771_10205985740678485_8849436481664581632_n.jpg

62242553_10205985740558482_393918066628493312_n.jpg

62075061_10205985740478480_1783596439381737472_n.jpg
You know what we should do? Every time we see a homeless person in a wheelchair begging, we should flip him over and see if he really is paralyzed. If he isn’t, we can punish him for his impudence. If he is, just give him a MAGAZINE hat and say better luck next time.
Get some help.

You know what we should do? Every time we see a homeless person in a wheelchair begging, we should flip him over and see if he really is paralyzed. If he isn’t, we can punish him for his impudence. If he is, just give him a MAGAZINE hat and say better luck next time.
Get some help.
make sure you film it

Get some help.
whats a magazine hat?

Get some help.
and i assume you meant MAGA, then the hypocrisy in your response in embarrassing and ignorant.....

Btw... a lot of panhandlers round here have picked up puppies for the extra sympathy factor.
I've heard that a lot of them get dogs not only for the sympathy factor but also because it's less likely that the police will arrest them because it'd require getting animal control involved and the whole thing becomes too big of an ordeal for just arresting a panhandler.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom