Panthers- 19 Falcons- 3 (1 Viewer)

bayoumilitia

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
At least that's what my PS3 simulation on Madden 11 says.

Not that game simulations are all that accurate I still found it interesting since I ran the simulation with all the current roster updates. Ryan had a horrible game with three interceptions and Carolina shut Turner down. Actually ran the simulation twice and Carolina won both times. 1st Game was 13-10 Panthers and the second one was of course 19-3 Panthers.

Just in case anyone wonders, yes I did run more simulations for other teams. Results are below:

We blew out Tampa again 24-3
Packers lost to Chicago 27-21 (I found this one tough to believe)
Giants in a squeeker over Redskins 16-13
Seahawks beat the Rams 34-24

With that said we would of course be the #1 seed.

Ran the playoff sims too.

Wildcard weekend
#6 Giants beat #3 Eagles 18-14
#5 Falcons beat #4 Seahawks 14-10

Divisional round
#1 Saints beat #6 Giants 14-11
#5 Falcons beat #2 Bears 23-14

NFC Championship
#1 Saints beat #5 Falcons 47-29 (Guess the defenses got tired)

AFC Championship
#1 Patriots beat #3 Chiefs 32-24 (Chiefs got here by taking out the Jets and Ravens in that order and the Patriots beat the Steelers)

Superbowl
#1 Saints beat #1 Patriots 35-21

I'm not saying I'm buying any of these projections but I have to say that I love the final outcome of it all.

Two Dat baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed...

i could live with those outcomes

Like I said, I'm not sold on the whole simulation thing. However, the way things have panned out this year I figure PS3 predictions are more accurate than at least half of the so-called prognosticators that get paid for their predictions.

Aren't Madden simulations based on the players' ratings at the start of the season? If so, doesn't that say more about how the Madden programmers saw players' abilities at the start of the season? And of course it can't take into account the slides that teams like Carolina are currently on. It's fun, I suppose, but it doesn't tell us much of anything, does it?

Aren't Madden simulations based on the players' ratings at the start of the season? If so, doesn't that say more about how the Madden programmers saw players' abilities at the start of the season? And of course it can't take into account the slides that teams like Carolina are currently on. It's fun, I suppose, but it doesn't tell us much of anything, does it?
he did his own Madden simulations with roster updates
roster updates update ratings as well
i think

Thanks SeLu

Yea they do update the player ratings too. I like the outcomes in his simulations. Go Panthers!

I like the outcomes as well. Yep the roster updates surprised me a little because the Saints and Colts rosters were the highest overall when I bought the game. Now the Saints roster is behind the Falcons roster overall after the roster updates.

I even made the substitutions of Meachum for Roby, Dunbar for Evans and I also followed this rule for other teams as well. Bottom line I matched their starting line-ups with what it is today with current injuries. Roster updates from the website are not updated every week so guys like Troy Polamalu had to be moved manually before I started the simulations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom