N/S Panthers are planning on trading Cam Newton when healthy (1 Viewer)

If they are able to trade Newto and with the cap savings from Luke's retirement they could have $53 million in cap space. They could easily sign a lot of high end free agents with that kind of space.

Edit: If Olsen retires they will have over $60! I could see them easily outbidding the Saints for Teddy and the drafting Tua at 7 or a bit earlier by moving up to 4-5.

If they are able to trade Newto and with the cap savings from Luke's retirement they could have $53 million in cap space. They could easily sign a lot of high end free agents with that kind of space.

Are you thinking they would make a move for TB?

Teddy Bridgewater goes to Carolina on a 2 year deal... then the Panthers trade up with the Giants (ahead of Miami) and drafts Tua.... ? ?

Teddy Bridgewater goes to Carolina on a 2 year deal... then the Panthers trade up with the Giants (ahead of Miami) and drafts Tua.... ? ?
TB already said he doesn't want to go to a team that will be drafting his replacement in April. It will be interesting to see where he visits and how long it takes to get him signed.
I'd be hugely surprised if TB signs any deal that isn't 4 or more years. It would be a mistake for him to sign a two year deal IMO.

The Burrow to Carolina talk seems to be picking up steam.

As you would expect after they hired Joe Brady as their offensive coordinator.
Obviously they'd love to get Burrow too.

Sad thing is, they're in a MUCH MUCH better place to move up to get him.
They pick 7th this season and it's not hard to think they'll draft early-ish next year too.
They also have the 6th pick in the 2nd round and the 5th pick in the 3rd round.

We're picking 24th and our next pick is at the end of the 3rd round.
You have to think we'll be picking near the end of the first round again next season.
Tough to imagine anything other than sending players and picks could get it done.
And there's really only one young superstar player that I can think of that might make the Bengals consider it.
And I don't think there's very many Saints fans that would even consider sending the #1 WR in the league to Cinci.
AND eating his entire signing bonus for them.

The Panthers aren't getting to #1 for Burrow just like we aren't.

Rhule is a traditionalist and Brady is used to an offense designed for QBs that throw from the pocket with Brees and Burrow.

Cam doesn't fit their scheme and/or they think he's washed up and they can do better with a free agent like Bridgewater or a rookie or whoever.

Rhule and Brady are going to want to run the hell out of the ball and get ahead of the chains with quick timing routes and screens, which Cam is terrible at. He's just not a fit. Rhule ran the RPO at Baylor because of personnel, but he wants to run a traditional pro style offense with a traditional running game. So does Brady. They also want a QB who isn't going to make unforced errors.

If they get a QB that can run that system they could be a handful. They've got the perfect RB for it and the system won't require top WRs. I'd hate to see what they could do with a smart, accurate, high-football IQ QB like Bridgewater or even potentially Prescott (they have a ton of cap space). Both of those scenarios are a bit scary. They could trade up into Tua range too - he can run that system.

Last edited:
Long as dat fool don’t come here... Panties trying to get Burrow... imo
I agree. They are much closer to getting Burrow than we are. He reunites with Brady. That's a match made in heaven with CM there already.

Cam Newton is an oxymoron for "leader".

I will laugh at any team who believes he can lead them to a SuperBowl victory. Dude thinks accountability is how well he counts his money.

That's exactly what Coach Pete said today and with their new offense-oriented direction, there's no way they trade CM

They wouldn’t have to trade mccaffery. Teams don’t trade their best player to move up in the draft. They’d trade multiple draft picks to move from 7 to1.

I don’t think they will though. I think they’ll stay where they are and draft another QB and/or sign Bridgewater.

Didn't this all stem from Rapoport's best guess on Cam Newton and Cincy isn't passing on Burrow for any type of package.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom