Panthers defeat Saints 22-14 to snap 9-game losing streak (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1664155399779.png
Carolina Panthers wide receiver Laviska Shenault Jr. (15) runs the ball down the field for 67 yards during the second half of an NFL football game against the New Orleans Saints, Sunday, Sept. 25, 2022, in Charlotte, N.C. (AP Photo/Rusty Jones)

By Steve Reed | AP

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Laviska Shenault was frustrated over being declared inactive for his first two games with the Carolina Panthers after being acquired in a late preseason trade from the Jacksonville Jaguars.

But the third-year wide receiver took advantage of his first chance to play on Sunday in a big way.

Shenault caught a momentum-changing 67-yard touchdown pass from Baker Mayfield in the fourth quarter, Marquis Haynes returned a fumble 44 yards for a touchdown and the Panthers defeated the New Orleans Saints 22-14 to snap a nine-game losing streak.

“Knowing what I can bring to the table, it’s hard not being able to do what you love to do,” said Shenault, held out of the first two games while learning the playbook. “I bring a lot of skill to the team and when I’m able to be free and go play, that’s what you’re gonna get.”

Mayfield threw for 170 yards, Christian McCaffrey ran for 108 and Shenault had 90 yards receiving as the Panthers (1-2) won at home for the first time since beating the Saints 26-7 on Sept. 19, 2021. ...

Full Story - AP

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom