Panthers have interest in Vonn Bell (1 Viewer)

If we lose Bell, I'm gonna be in need of someone to pull out the comparison chart of our roster between last year and this potential year...and then next, convince me that this year's roster is considered "improved" and better.
If Bell is signed away, then we are clearly worse as of today because we haven't signed anybody new yet. But free agency hasn't even officially started yet and the draft is still 6 weeks away. Let the off season take shape before comparing rosters.

Roman Harper 2.0 ?
He really is Roman Harper 2.0.

Sam Monson (PFF):
"Throughout his four-year career, Von Bell has shown to be a great box safety against the run as well as when he’s tasked with blitzing. His coverage performance though? No bueno. He’s been exposed when playing free safety, producing the lowest coverage grade at that alignment and allowing the most explosive plays while making very few plays on the ball. Over the past four seasons, Bell has allowed a 108.5 passer rating in coverage and 10 touchdowns with just one interception. The most valuable aspect of a safety is their coverage ability, and Bell hasn’t been able to show he can do that at a high level. Not to mention, he’s performed poorly outside the box. Whichever team signs him will likely limit his role to strictly the box, and box safeties generally aren’t the most valuable."

I'm just not a huge fan of safeties that can't cover.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom