Panthers have interest in Vonn Bell (2 Viewers)

I'm just not a huge fan of safeties that can't cover.

Sheesh... I didn't realize it was THAT bad. You can't have safeties that can't cover in today's NFL. I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we drafted Delpit and put him and Williams on the back-end, and let CGJ roam the box because he has shown he can play the box and cover.

I'm not a huge fan of Williams but we're stuck with him... but we definitely need a safety that can cover.

Sheesh... I didn't realize it was THAT bad. You can't have safeties that can't cover in today's NFL. I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we drafted Delpit and put him and Williams on the back-end, and let CGJ roam the box because he has shown he can play the box and cover.

I'm not a huge fan of Williams but we're stuck with him... but we definitely need a safety that can cover.

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is available, and he’s a better coverage SS than Bell hands down.

He really is Roman Harper 2.0.

Sam Monson (PFF):
"Throughout his four-year career, Von Bell has shown to be a great box safety against the run as well as when he’s tasked with blitzing. His coverage performance though? No bueno. He’s been exposed when playing free safety, producing the lowest coverage grade at that alignment and allowing the most explosive plays while making very few plays on the ball. Over the past four seasons, Bell has allowed a 108.5 passer rating in coverage and 10 touchdowns with just one interception. The most valuable aspect of a safety is their coverage ability, and Bell hasn’t been able to show he can do that at a high level. Not to mention, he’s performed poorly outside the box. Whichever team signs him will likely limit his role to strictly the box, and box safeties generally aren’t the most valuable."

I'm just not a huge fan of safeties that can't cover.

Good stuff

Payton wants to add speed on offense and defense. I’d expect any FA signings to reflect that.

Guessing we end up moving CJGJ to SS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom