Panthers hire Reich (1 Viewer)

If we had fired DA I would've been fine with us hiring Frank Reich so I find this hire to be interesting in that I think he's a better coach than the one Carolina fired mid-season. I did however think Steve Wilks got the panthers to play very well and that he should've been given a shot at the job full time. I'm curious how many interim coaches have actually won the full time job in the NFL, I can't remember a single one off the top of my head.

When people wanted to fire DA mid-season I said that I don't think it helps anyone because you just end up with a lame duck interim HC, and in our case it would've reflected poorly on our organization (in my opinion at least) to not let DA have the full season. This thing with the panthers seems to support my theory that interim HC is basically a poisoned chalice of a job title.
In-house replacements don't fare too well ether; that was my issue with hiring DA.

The players in Carolina wanted Wilkes. I'm feeling like the Panthers will hit a rough patch at the 1st sign of coaching issues....Great hire!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom