Panthers hire Reich (1 Viewer)

I like Frank Reich, but he will be in the same situation he was in Indy, a good team looking for a quarterback.

At least, he may think Tepper won't be interfering in crucial decisions as Jim Irsay is.
He still went 40-33-1 while looking for a QB, only to be replaced by a high school football coach (allegedly). Also, the Panthers have good draft capital after passing on the Payton sweepstakes.

You have to start feeling like the the Sean Payton branding iron didnt retain any heat from last year.

At this point, I hope the well dries up for him. The grass aint always greener, sometimes you dont even get to find out.

I like Frank Reich, but he will be in the same situation he was in Indy, a good team looking for a quarterback.

At least, he may think Tepper won't be interfering in crucial decisions as Jim Irsay is.
He recruited Wentz after Philly not the owner

He still went 40-33-1 while looking for a QB, only to be replaced by a high school football coach (allegedly). Also, the Panthers have good draft capital after passing on the Payton sweepstakes.
A lot of people feel like Sirianni was a big reason for their success early.

And Pederson obviously gets a lot of credit for the success in Philly.

He may be a good coach. But there are definitely more reasons to be skeptical than concerned, imo.

If Luck hadn’t retired, Reich probably would still be in Indy. Hard to win without a young franchise QB. They’ve been looking for a copy of Luck ever since. He’ll probably take Stroud in the draft and at least coach his entire first contract in Carolina.

Decent hire honestly. The guy won a SB with Philly as an OC, and has a strong OC history in general.

CAR needs help on this side of the ball, so it makes sense to sign him.

Of course, they'll need help, which CAR has the picks and room to grab players through FA. He is going to need a really solid QB to make this all work and could possibly trade up from 9 to grab someone like Stroud or even Richardson.

I still think Payton to Houston makes a lot of sense and I won't be surprised if he still ends up there. Number two pick in the draft so he can get a quarterback and if he wins he'll have been the guy who was the savior for two different franchises.

Back when he got fired, my first thought was he’d be a major upgrade over what we have. I think he’s a really good coach. I don’t like the hire from a Saints fan perspective.
Panthers need a QB just like the Saints… until they get one, they’ll continue to be (at best) mediocre). Not having a QB is ultimately what sunk him in Indy.

I hate this move because it likely means the Saints won’t be a trade partner for Payton and will end up with nothing in the end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom