Rumor Panthers might go after Sean Payton? (1 Viewer)

Umm yeah no way Payton is going to Carolina, that roster is in shambles.

Same could be sajd of Saints in 2006. Big difference is Payton has Cache and many options including those outside of football now. Heck he has enough money to do nothing forever now.

Back in 2006 he pretty had to take the Saints job

I don't see that happening for a number of reasons. First the Panthers are not a team with a franchise QB and they also are not a well managed team, starting with the owner. In addition I believe that Mickey Loomis would demand a kings ransom for the Coach, which would impact the team for several years. In addition, I just think Coach Payton would not want to compete regularly against the team he coached for so many years - it would absolutely tarnish his reputation with the loyal and devoted fans in New Orleans and Saints fans around the Country. Having said that, if the Panthers would offer 2 #1's and 2 #2's, plus a starter, then I would say go for it...

Still miffed?

Maybe you're not old enough (...I'm not trying to throw shade).

Jim Finks and the Saints tried to play hard-ball, and thought that Mills was over-the-hill (for a linebacker). Sam Mills and other key players took their skills elsewhere, and the Panthers (particularly their defense) benefitted tremendously!

Our loss!

:gosaints:
Definitely our loss.

Been a die hard since 1980. I remember well what happened, not miffed at Sam. Miffed at us letting Sam and the other guys go elsewhere. Although I’m happy that Rickey went and got a ring.

Sean Payton has earned Emaritus status in my eyes so he can come and go as he please that said Super Bowl 44 Winning Head Coach Sean Payton would become dead to me if he ever went to work for any division opponent

I don't see that happening for a number of reasons. First the Panthers are not a team with a franchise QB and they also are not a well managed team, starting with the owner. In addition I believe that Mickey Loomis would demand a kings ransom for the Coach, which would impact the team for several years. In addition, I just think Coach Payton would not want to compete regularly against the team he coached for so many years - it would absolutely tarnish his reputation with the loyal and devoted fans in New Orleans and Saints fans around the Country. Having said that, if the Panthers would offer 2 #1's and 2 #2's, plus a starter, then I would say go for it...
Only one problem name one starter from Carolina that you would want starting in N.O. That team is about as void of talent as any team could possibly be.

No way in hell Payton decides to go up against Loomis and Ireland and DA in-division when we have 3x the talent they have. His ego is too big to suffer that. They’d have to give him 49% ownership to pilot that sinking ship.

Why do some.people keep saying Payton quit an N.O. Can you imagine doing the same job for 15 yeats in one place, not get promoted. Add on top of that an NFL head coach is a grueling job.

When Cowher retired for years there was a rumor he was going to sign with such or such team. He never did and it has been a long time since the rumors of him returning to coaching and I suspect the same thing will happen with Payton. He likely will replace someone at a network ( J. Johnson, Mooch, or some other) and ride that out.

When Cowher retired for years there was a rumor he was going to sign with such or such team. He never did and it has been a long time since the rumors of him returning to coaching and I suspect the same thing will happen with Payton. He likely will replace someone at a network ( J. Johnson, Mooch, or some other) and ride that out.
I thought cowher would be back on the sideline after a year or two in the studio

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom