Rumor Panthers might go after Sean Payton? (1 Viewer)

When Cowher retired for years there was a rumor he was going to sign with such or such team. He never did and it has been a long time since the rumors of him returning to coaching and I suspect the same thing will happen with Payton. He likely will replace someone at a network ( J. Johnson, Mooch, or some other) and ride that out.
I don't think so. He is a coach. He all but said he would coach again.

He's going to Dallas after this year.
If Sean is even remotely interested in the job, McCarthy will be fired for anything less than a Super Bowl this season.

I think he’ll have his pick of the litter next year and while Dallas has a lot to offer, I think he’ll hold out for the absolute best opportunity.

I don’t care where he ends up. What I do care about is the potential of him poaching assistants to build a staff as well as scouts and front office people. I sincerely don’t care where he coaches again as long as it doesn’t weaken the Saints in the process. That’s my biggest concern about his potential return to coaching.

All the guys who are so fiercely loyal to him jumping ship.

When Cowher retired for years there was a rumor he was going to sign with such or such team. He never did and it has been a long time since the rumors of him returning to coaching and I suspect the same thing will happen with Payton. He likely will replace someone at a network ( J. Johnson, Mooch, or some other) and ride that out.

Personality wise, I think Payton is more of a Parcells than a Cowher.

Sean Payton will be back in coaching asap

SP wants nothing more than the HOF

He knows he needs another Superbowl to guarantee his smirk in gold concrete

Mickey Loomis is going to take the 2022 Saints deep into the playoffs with Winston

Its an ego thing (Loomis wants to enter the HOF himself)

Loomis wants 2 1sts and 1 2nd round pick for SP to create a dynasty for the next 10 years with Jameis Winston
I was with you until the "with Jameis Winston" part

They can be interested all they want. Thats all itll ever be.

Payton has positioned himself to pick his job. And by picking his job my bet is he is going to wait it out and go to a team with a QB that is already established as elite or on the verge of becoming that way. Or if he really wants the Cowboys job, its his next year. Jerrah knew all along Payton wanted a year off, so he just let McCarthy bumble through another season in the process.

Andy Reid retires, you can sharpie Payton in as the next coach of the Chiefs. Whenever the Chargers fire Staley, itll be Payton as the first choice. This isnt Sean Payton taking any HC he can get like in 06. This is a HoF coach with many good years left in the tank.

Unless I'm mistaken, he can't just wait out his contract. Whenever he decides to return to coaching (if he decides to), his obligation is to complete the contract with the Saints unless we settle/trade/whatever.
Ditto. That's what I thought also. He can't just wait till the contract expires. Since he hasn't fulfilled his contract obligation, it extends into perpetuity. But yet your hear these talking heads in the media regurgitate that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom