Saints Panthers "moving on" from Teddy - do the Saints reach out? (2 Viewers)

I feel like to some extent the Saints caught lightning in a bottle the first time around. I'm not so sure it happens again.

If Winston signed elsewhere I’d prefer Teddy to Taysom, that’s for sure. Run CMC barely played all year. Take him out of the equation and I’m pretty sure the Panthers didn’t have a single skilled player on offence who had or has even been selected to the Pro Bowl.

Teddy is a game manager but he doesn’t need to be a world-beater in our offence. He’s not going to make a poor team dramatically better like Drew did in the 2014-16 years, and he’s not my first preference by any stretch, but we can do a lot worse.

The same magic does not work the 2nd time around. Plus, we still dont know about my QB situation. As of right now, Brees is still contemplating his retirement, Winston (possibly, the successor) is currently not locked down for next year and Taysom Hill will either be starter somewhere else or continue be a backup. But I'm not rushing it, our main focus should be on the salary cap situation

As nice of a guy he is, I don’t see Teddy as a QB to take a team to the SB. Can’t exactly express why but it has something to do with his style of play. Just seems to be very passive and in slow motion.

Another team (and QB) that could firmly enter the QB market. What a crazy year.

I think you have to give them a call to see what they want. I think Teddy is firmly a top 22 type QB for most teams. He could step in for us day 1 without any questions. He still costs 19.5 mil/yr in a trade. You are pretty much getting the deal Carolina gave him (21 /yr). So I'm not looking to give up any serious draft stock.

If anything I think he gives you a solid baseline in negotiations. I don't feel great spending that kind of money in our situation. If they do I think Teddy is an easy fit even though not a long term solution. A great QB to draft behind.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom