Saints Panthers "moving on" from Teddy - do the Saints reach out? (3 Viewers)

I’m more intrigued about JW than I am with TB , TB seems the 10-6 type qb that keeps you in middle of the draft area JW seems like he has more “spark” and with the new team etc

if it comes to the draft-next year to grab a qb I’d rather dea with a bad year than an avg yr

I do t watch college so I know nothing about the qbs classes coming up so not sure the draft is a good option

money will be the key , loosing other good players to take a gamble on a known qb may hurt more than help us even if the qb plays well but we loose due to gutted defense

I thought he was going to be part of the epic trade for Watson. At least he got a decent payday.

I’m more intrigued about JW than I am with TB , TB seems the 10-6 type qb that keeps you in middle of the draft area JW seems like he has more “spark” and with the new team etc

if it comes to the draft-next year to grab a qb I’d rather dea with a bad year than an avg yr

I do t watch college so I know nothing about the qbs classes coming up so not sure the draft is a good option

money will be the key , loosing other good players to take a gamble on a known qb may hurt more than help us even if the qb plays well but we loose due to gutted defense

I see people saying “gutted” defense or roster. What do you mean by that?

The only starters I see us potentially losing are Hendrickson and Brown. And there really isn’t a significant dropoff from either player to the one behind him.

Cam, Davis, Lattimore, Onyemata, M Jenkins and CJGJ aren’t going anywhere.

We will likely prioritize M Williams as our big free agent re-signing. And I think it’s likely we bring back J Jenkins and Kwon on new deals to lower their cap numbers.

If I had to guess today, I’d say we bring back 8 or 9 out of 11 starters (with very little dropoff to their replacements) and likely draft a couple defensive players for depth and competition.

I just don’t see a world where this defense is gutted.

I’m happy that Teddy got paid by the Panthers, and I’m also happy that he wasn’t able to lead the Panties to a victory over the Saints last year..

I like Teddy 2 gloves, and I would be really happy if the Saints brought him back. He’s a great locker room presence and a natural leader. If he were willing to come back for true backup QB $$, it would be nothing but great news IMHO.

I think the Saints are a playoff team with Teddy and Taysom as the QBs... if it came to that.

I thought he was going to be part of the epic trade for Watson. At least he got a decent payday.

They are still going all out for Watson. The Texans may not want Teddy. If they don’t get Watson you can count on them drafting a QB in the top 10.

The only starters I see us potentially losing are Hendrickson and Brown. And there really isn’t a significant dropoff from either player to the one behind him.

I think losing Brown is quietly pretty big. The two games he missed, the Saints let up something like 200 yards in each game, no? Hopefully he can take it team friendly deal, dude is a downright stump.

I really hope winston pans out to be a great qb as many have their mindset on. I personally would rather another qb. I truly hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it. He had 1 "good" year and everyone thinks he's the one to get us to the bowl when the great brees couldn't do it for 4 years. All because he can throw a deep ball and has an arm. 🙄

Least not forget 2011. Brees had 5400 yards and threw deep balls. That offense > current offense. (Yes our defense is better) but we couldn't close the deal then, what makes yall think we will now?

Crazy that they put “due to physical limitations” on the note.

Could have just said we are moving on from Bridge.

Yeah. That was unnecessary. They clearly must plan on cutting him, because to say “physical limitations“ would make other teams less likely to want to trade for him. Physical could mean limited arm or that his lower body is breaking down.

Carolina has truly been publicly doing its players dirty, when their time in the franchise comes to an end.

Bridgewater is the safe pick, game manager on a team with a strong running game and a plus level defense. Which we have. But its also no longer 1998. You cant win in the NFL without throwing the ball. The last 4 teams this year were arguably the 4 best quarterbacks of the 2020 season (Watson is probably 2 or 3, but he is Texan'd and Russ faded down the stretch) .

You have to fling it these days. We have won 49 regular season games the past 4 years and didnt get to a SB because, for the most part, weve been limited on offense. Brees is ultra effecient, but in the playoffs teams have had 16+ weeks of film, and they exploit the things you CANT do. Thats why we havent added a Lombardi. Call it the Zimmer blueprint. Exploit the interior of the line and put pressure in Brees' face, play inside a 10 yard box and ignore the deep threat.

Jameis has an live arm. He can make any throw on the field. There are no limitations to his game. Sure, theres risk. If he cant cut down on the turnovers, then we go down with that ship. But at this point, the only chance you have is through risk. Teddy just isnt going to get us over the hump. Neither is Taysom. Russ or Watson would obviously be the pipe dream pick, but Jameis is the only realistic guy out there that has the ability to throw with the best.

If Jameis signs somewhere else and Im faced with Teddy, Taysom or a rebuild - Id rather just get on with the rebuild and draft a QB. Maybe even trade pieces to move up in the draft to do so. I just dont think either of those 2 guys moves the needle.

As a back up QB on the cheap I’d definitely take Teddy back, as a starter not so sure. I’d rather let Winston start

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom