Saints Panthers "moving on" from Teddy - do the Saints reach out? (5 Viewers)

mr.t

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My prediction...he comes here to 'compete' which really just means that Winston will be the starter, Taysom Hill will be the Taysom, and Teddy will be the actual backup.
A lot of players will have to restructure or released for that to happen. I hope that it can.

mr.t

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No to Teddy. He’s mediocre. I’d rather roll the dice on Taysom or Jameis than know for sure that we’ll win nine games and lose in the wildcard round.
Wasn't he undefeated as a starter ?

Rudy

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I liked Teddy. For the right price I'd bring him back to compete. Worst case scenario he is a more than capable back up.

Infoman

You're a Towel!
Reaction score
Getting Teddy back would be a total Coup... He knows the offense already, has a very good arm, is mobile enough to extend plays, would be relatively cheap, and the Team / Coaches already have a mutual respect / friendship / rapport with him.

I would MUCH rather see Teddy handed the keys to this Team than Winston... Teddy has proven he can win games at the helm of this team (in fact - so has Taysom)... Winston has not proven anything other than he's a less mobile high draft pick reclamation project, with turnover issues, and a big arm... that no one (in a QB starved NFL) wanted last year.

I take Teddy and Taysom all day....

Last edited:

Ken-Bob

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes, bring him back. We have seen that he can be successful in the Saints system. We have not seen that from either Hill or Winston.

dboysaints

Rookie
Reaction score
Make it happen Loomis.. I trust him more than Winston. And Hill can do his gadget stuff....

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
Reaction score
Teddy as a backup is a good option. He knows the offense and doesnt make too many mistakes.

nolaswede

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I feel like to some extent the Saints caught lightning in a bottle the first time around. I'm not so sure it happens again.

Lightning in a bottle - Well, that might be a strong statement. Our defense played extremely well during that stretch and for a while we went about 6-7 quarters in a rown without scoring a single touchdown. And we still kept winning those games. Our 3rd down and 4th defense was pretty much unstoppable!

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I really hope winston pans out to be a great qb as many have their mindset on. I personally would rather another qb. I truly hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it. He had 1 "good" year and everyone thinks he's the one to get us to the bowl when the great brees couldn't do it for 4 years. All because he can throw a deep ball and has an arm. 🙄

Least not forget 2011. Brees had 5400 yards and threw deep balls. That offense > current offense. (Yes our defense is better) but we couldn't close the deal then, what makes yall think we will now?
There were other factors at play in those games.

If he’s truly that important, his cap number really isn’t that big to bring back. What the Saints choose to do with him will be telling wrt how important they view him on the line.

Reaction score
Lightning in a bottle - Well, that might be a strong statement. Our defense played extremely well during that stretch and for a while we went about 6-7 quarters in a rown without scoring a single touchdown. And we still kept winning those games. Our 3rd down and 4th defense was pretty much unstoppable!
That may be the first time I’ve ever heard a defense called unstoppable. Well played.

greg8710

All-Pro
Reaction score
If Winston signed elsewhere I’d prefer Teddy to Taysom, that’s for sure. Run CMC barely played all year. Take him out of the equation and I’m pretty sure the Panthers didn’t have a single skilled player on offence who had or has even been selected to the Pro Bowl.

Teddy is a game manager but he doesn’t need to be a world-beater in our offence. He’s not going to make a poor team dramatically better like Drew did in the 2014-16 years, and he’s not my first preference by any stretch, but we can do a lot worse.
They had 4 players with over 1000 scrimmage yards and at least 2 1000 yard receivers. Teddy was choking at the end of most of their games and according to their hc, he started calling his own plays.

nolaswede

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I think some of the younger fans need to manage expectations on what it's going to be like after Brees.

Agree. And that includes a lot of other posters as well. If one joined the forum a few weeks ago, it seems like we are about to get rid of a pretty terrible QB!😕

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom