Panthers Owner Dave Tepper (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Not that everyone cares, but is it just me, it looks like Tepper meddle too much in Carolina's on the field operations. Seems a bit impatient. Mike D talked about how Tepper made his money very fast in the business world and he wants the same results with the Panthers. His impatience in Carolina could hurt them in the long run. They moved on Bridgewater too fast after giving him all of that money.

Last edited:
Not that everyone cares, but is it just me, it looks like Tepper mettle's too much in Carolina's on the field operations. Seems a bit impatient. Mike D talked about how Tepper made his money very fast in the business world and he wants the same results with the Panthers. His impatience in Carolina could hurt them in the long run. They moved on Bridgewater too fast after giving him all of that money.
Personally I always think that when owners get way too involved with players and coaching matters, it almost always lead to failures. Looking at the Cowboys, Redskins, and Raiders. Patient isn't most owners strength. But back to your statement. You have to look it at it from their point of view. Seeing how Bridgewater played like he did, wouldn't you think quickly about drafting your next quarterback, knowing Teddy isn't the long term answer? Teddy didn't play all that bad though. But they sitting on a good chance to draft a good prospect.

Maybe Bridgewater isn't the problem. Maybe the guy that's coaching him is.
Your on to something. Alot of the reason why Bridgewater didnt find success in Carolina was the culture that already existed. If your trying to start a culture change from ground up and win simultaneously, Teddy is not the QB suited for the situation. There are very few QBs who have ever played that can do that.

Teddy is a QB you bring to a really good team. He will win you games and get you to the playoffs. Beyond that is still unknown, Teddy i believe has only played in one postseason game.

Your on to something. Alot of the reason why Bridgewater didnt find success in Carolina was the culture that already existed. If your trying to start a culture change from ground up and win simultaneously, Teddy is not the QB suited for the situation. There are very few QBs who have ever played that can do that.

Teddy is a QB you bring to a really good team. He will win you games and get you to the playoffs. Beyond that is still unknown, Teddy i believe has only played in one postseason game.
I seriously believe Teddy would of won us a Super Bowl or two if he had stay if Brees had retired last season. Teddy didn't have to be Brees like or had to play great every game. There were games he played mediocre and we won. And there were games where he was just hitting everything. I kind of compare him to Brady in a way where Brady in his early years, he didn't have to win it all by himself. Everything was complimentary, Brady didn't win all the stats. But when it he had to make the plays, he was capable of. Bridgewater is that type. And having the coach adjusting to Bridgewater strength, we were successful in those five games.

So Trent Dilfer?

Not that everyone cares, but is it just me, it looks like Tepper mettle's too much in Carolina's on the field operations. Seems a bit impatient. Mike D talked about how Tepper made his money very fast in the business world and he wants the same results with the Panthers. His impatience in Carolina could hurt them in the long run. They moved on Bridgewater too fast after giving him all of that money.
Dan Snyder 2.0. He thinks his business acumen makes him a "football man". If so it won't go well.

I’ve met Mr Tepper. He’s a solid dude. I will say this, he will flex his money to build a winner. You could say that we have a problem on our hands. In regards to his coaching hire, he gave Rhule a 7 year contract. So, essentially he should see a good return by year 3. Rhule is going into year 2, so do the math. It has nothing to do with “meddling”. Heck, everyone likes to see a good return on their investment quickly (although depending on what type of investment). Especially, if it’s a football team.

I have absolutely zero issues with ANYONE spending THEIR $$ like a drunk sailor!
There are lots of examples of people doing that. Some have had success, most not so much. It all depends on their goal: JJ has made the Cowboys an ever bigger $maker; Snyder, uh...hasn't; both have inserted their "authority/expertise" into the football operations. JJ is turning some of the authority to his son; Snyder just bought out ALL of his minor partners. Which one is more successful?
Way to early to judge Tepper, but he is definitely fired up.

I’ve met Mr Tepper. He’s a solid dude. I will say this, he will flex his money to build a winner. You could say that we have a problem on our hands. In regards to his coaching hire, he gave Rhule a 7 year contract. So, essentially he should see a good return by year 3. Rhule is going into year 2, so do the math. It has nothing to do with “meddling”. Heck, everyone likes to see a good return on their investment quickly (although depending on what type of investment). Especially, if it’s a football team.
You lnow some heavy hitters. Just curious do you know Andrus Peats Uncle, DapperDan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom